Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Northern Barrier

Dex-chan lover
When you got stuck in the game for hours talking to every single NPC cause you have no Idea what to do for progress then found out in a walkthrough the solution is something so simple

Thanks for translating, hope your mother is getting better

Also the absolute unit

Dex-chan lover
When you got stuck in the game for hours talking to every single NPC cause you have no Idea what to do for progress then found out in a walkthrough the solution is something so simple
That'd be me, playing Golden Sun back in the day and forgetting to read people's minds for clues in the extra dialogue.

@Nanji I think it's been years since I first saw a Kirei Cake upload that had that sort of message about the mother being sick. I'd imagine it's probably not a case where you can get better given enough time so much as remaining comfortable. It's not like I know any more than what's been in those notes myself of course, and well wishes are probably appreciated either way. Particularly since the more cynical people among us might think it's just a means to garner pity donations or something, and probably won't be shy about voicing that kind of opinion to the translator given that we're on the internet and that's just how it goes on here sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
@Ryu12 well, the very founder of modern fantasy genre, Tolkien, surely did care. It's just that most of his modern successors are more concerned with the adventures of the body rather than the spirit.

Dex-chan lover
You can just see Frieren's hikki dreams dropping like that bag of groceries....

Fern and Stark have become my favorite odd couple. He thinks she’s scary and she thinks he looks villainous, but they really do seem to get along once the misunderstandings get set aside. I have high hopes for them.

Banned
So they reach a roadblock, try to find a way around the roadblock, fail, then it just falls into their lap. Exactly the same as those flowers.
And lazy elf is being lazy, as usual.

@Darketower : Their entire pattern of interaction has practically been predetermined from about chapter 2. Given Fern's lifespan wasn't arbitrarily timeskipped over like the original hero-party was, and she had been spending it alone with Frieren, it was only a matter of time until some young man was added to the story just to ensure that Fern doesn't live her entire life a permanent physical and emotional virgin. In the most predictable manner possible, Stark was added with a little excuse sub-plot to be the other mortal counterpart / LI for Fern. They're probably going to spend a long while just being passively tsundere or whatever and eventually get together... then there will be some other timeskip where they quit adventuring, settle down together, and Frieren will be off on her own with some other characters again.
I figure that will happen as the rest of this story has been pretty fuckin dull and predictable so far.

@Glomoro : KC's mother being sick is just one of those weird constants around any and all manga sites these days... forever set in stone and recorded for the ages against every translation they've bothered doing. In a hundred years I'll be long dead, and frankly my daughter probably will be too... and Kirei Cake's mother will still be sick. Thousands of years from now, humanity will have destroyed the planet and the last remnants of the species will be in stais on board a colony ship headed for some other star-system... and somewhere in the back of that ship... Kirei Cake's mother will still be sick.
Maybe it is about time she was put out of her misery.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto well this is a type of manga that you can just enjoy without question it too much, whats important isnt the conclusion but the journey and you can drop this series if you are not enjoying it :)

Banned
@Nunally : It would be kinda meaningless to "drop" it at this stage since I already read all there was of it, which isn't much.

Some people really don't know how to enjoy things or appreciate it.. man I wish they get the proper love they need though I also hope they live a miserable life.

Users who are viewing this thread