Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Draht

Fed-Kun's army
@tuatara1 Wait, are you talking about the demons??? You do realize that the whole mass murdering thing is humans as a whole? No matter what era we are talking about either.. However, you're upset that they want to end a species of demons, not DEMI-humans mind you, but demons that would eat a human the first chance it gets.... That's what you're upset about?

Dex-chan lover
@tuatara1
You are the type of retard that has to put real life into every story and I'm tired of your kind.
Go back complaining about orks in D&D or something.

delusion 😂 it's just a simple war for survival. To the humans in this manga, it's a war against predator. To the demons, they want to eat their fill. There's no mass murder to promote, what are you talking about.

Will you let a lion circling outside your yard into your house? What if the lion talk? "Hey, i'm just a guest, let me in" and you think "oh ok, let's hv some tea" is the right choice? I would call an exorcist or at least animal control for that lion for sure.

Dex-chan lover
yes time to kill every demon in town and then pull a batman and take the heat coz fuck it

this is fantasy, the demons look like humans and talk like them, but their core instincts are to bullshit everyone, just because something talks doesnt mean there can be dialogue, also for the ppl getting mad at this...

we have had good demons or neutral demons like in 95% of mangas, hell it has gotten to the point that a bunch of times the angels are the super assholes while the demons are good and mistreated, so im so fucking happy with these pure fuckery demons.

the only problem ppl have is that since they look human they think its a 1:1 representation of our world, and that this manga now promotes bigotery to other races and thats is BULLSHIT

This is a fictional world, maybe there's a bunny looking monster that eats ppl or some shit, just because it looks like a fucking bunny doesnt mean its a bunny!

And yes! they may be a good or neutral demon, but it will take a long ass time for a demon to fully learn and maybe understand feelings and these demons are at the barrier city and they are in the middle of a kinda war atm, they cant go ''ehh maybe they aint so bad'' atm, coz if they fuck up then the whole city goes to shit and from there its a whole ass domino effect.

man i suck at explaining my point, but basically dont try to correlate everything to real life, sometimes human shaped monsters are just human shaped monsters

Man this is such a good arc, this take on demons is so different, they are so eerie and genuinely scary, it is great!

Dex-chan lover
@tuatara1 so basically we all should be gullible and let people die because we are not cautious enough? The moral of this arc is how human tend to forget everything in short span of time despite long history and knowledge of demon they should have in the eyes of an elf. And it's fantasy with different races with different tradition, views and natural behavior, you can't compare house cats behavior to a lion or a tiger, you'll end up being their dinner.

Dex-chan lover
Boii.. You stepped on a landmine

11-27100ee3144fdafb55c5da6e772884ec89a13a56b0918b43b740b363cd561b1d.png

I *love* how demons are depicted in this... holy moly! It's such a nice subversion of expectations; I was honestly expecting her to somehow be wrong and the whole flashback with the hero to be able to be interpreted differently. Nope! They're straight up psychopathic predators and that's amazing!

Group Leader
@tuatara1 I would posit that it’s still too much too soon in the series to say yay or nay. Without foreknowledge of a story that’s barely been serialized for four months, who is to say that there isn’t a discovery arc where she finds out that she didn’t have a correct view of the demons?

That being said, in light of the very limited information, I fail to see how acceptance applies to the setup in these two chapters where the antagonists clearly express no remorse and have expressly declared their inner thoughts to lie, cheat, and destroy.

On the bright side, is it not a good thing the author has chosen this route for their story? Otherwise, would we the readers be able to have this sort of discussion?

Users who are viewing this thread