Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Frieren the Slayer

@Fari To be fair, it's been at least 50 years. Also to be fair, you would think that's something you'd remember because trauma... But maybe demons don't have that?

@rrolo1
The hero was the one who died 30 years ago but their fight with the demon king was 80 years ago. Their mission was kill the demon king not obliterate all the demons, for all we know this guy could have been a kid during their mission and the hero wasn't one to kill indiscriminately either.

@Tsuki09

You're right about the time ( yeah, 30 years was what I remembered, because it was in the beginning of most chapters ). But about the fact that the demon Frieren let live being the one that is causing the issues in the city proper in the present ... you can't really say that she wasn't for killing demons after seeing her looking down on him while in top of a demon bodies pile ;) .

The fact is that this particular demon is alive and not a part of that pile is solely because she didn't felt like killing him ( or, most likely, because Hero guy said her to not kill him because he wasn't in the way at the moment. I would bet we will see someting about that in the next chapters ) for whatever reason. And I'm pretty sure that a good part of what he devised in the last decades were in response to having seen Elf Wizard, the Demon Slayer , in action :p So yeah, her actions in the past are having consequences now ...

Damn, what a title drop with a great double meaning. Now it's not just "Frieren, the one who sends others off at funerals" because she outlives them, it's also "Frieren, the one who sends you TO your funeral" because she can fuck you up.

Stark was great this chapter too. Love that cowardly lion.

Fed-Kun's army
I honestly really like this. It's isn't in your face and stretched out. It's to the point and fulfilling just like the rest of the series, just with slightly more drama and stakes. I know people were worried about the direction of the series but I think the author knows what he/she is doing.

Aggregator gang
Stark is now the opposite of a coward. He is fearful, yes. In fact he is almost incapacitated with terror. But he still persists to do his job nonetheless. That is bravery right there. Also Fern OP, plz don't nerf.

Dex-chan lover
I bet the demon there is shitting her pants... Frieren floating there could just erase all the soldiers like it's nothing... and probably will hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread