Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Frieren the Slayer

Double-page supporter
Warning: The Slayer has entered the facility

Aggregator gang
@KediKopek I think you misunderstood him. The argument was that she can spend that time even on the most trivial magic. Getting a far deeper understanding of how it works than anyone else.

Echoing what other people here have said, but I really liked the previous title as well.
A fun chapter; it's nice when the MC's get a chance to show off how competent they actually are. That ambush was pretty cool!
A nice subversion of that typical trope where an enemy looks at a character and can tell their power-level/if they're weaker.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it's not a coincidence that both title interpretations make sense

@Midoriha Meh. I still think it's a nice double reading. The Japanese love their puns after all. And it does make a lot of sense in context of the first dozen chapters or so.

@Yanagi Especially the chibi-ish one

Dex-chan lover
For a manga like this I was totally expecting Fern to just fire off another shot at the head and Stark leaves.

Too much talking and explaining what the magic is to the enemy.

So Neat Pun aside, Depending on how it shakes out, the fact Lugner seems to have met her (and met her upon a mountain of corpses when her entire thing about demons is suffer not to let one live) kind of makes me wonder if maybe she did maybe actually let him go. It seems unlikely given her reaction to demons at all but if so

Frieren: Hm...Ok, you know what, maybe I am wrong. He seems legit I guess, and even if he's not if he's not hurting people I don't particularly care so...Hey, fine.
Lugner: *Internally* Hahaholyshititworked.
*Later*
Frieren: Oh. Welp. Guess I was wrong. Shame. For you.

>mistranslating the title drop

BRUH

This truly was Sousou no Frieren TM

Dex-chan lover
Something more straightforward would be "Frieren the Funeral".

Well turn out the old plot is still kickin' in present timeline, I thought the heroes party already take care of it haha

Users who are viewing this thread