Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - Coward

Wow. We have her backstory noice! This explains why Frieren is always so lazy and sleeps really long. She is constantly hiding her true power and the more she has the more energy she has to expend keeping it under wraps.

And Fern is doing the same yet she's still able to function better than Frieren.

Its interesting how demons can primarily feel the seven deadly sins (pride, envy, wrath, greed etc.) but are unable to comprehend virtues like kindness, humility, compassion etc. If we treat them like an animal those human morals are not good for survival thus an evolutionary disadvantage.

"@RandomPhoenix Thanks, also:
Demon #1: "A magic caster?!"
Demon #2: "No way. Even though he fought with you equally?"
Demon #3: "Are you saying that she's more skilled in magic?!"
Demon #4: "No, I'm sure. At the very least she isn't skilled in magic."
Frieren: "Hm? What do you mean by that?"

Demon #4: "I sense no magic power from you!"

To be continued..."

- Sun Tsun, Art of Tsundere

They’re both hiding their power levels huh... I wonder what her magic looks like when unleashed, i bet theres gunna be a “OVER 9000” moment

Hum, not using all of your strenght if not needed is not cowardice, people. It's called resource management ;)

That said, apparently having magic in this world makes those with it extremely prone to pride, arrogance even, no matter if demon, elf or human. I wonder if it is just a consequence of being more powerful than most living beings or if it is an actual side effect of magic ( as in magic warping their judgement ).

That only makes Frieren master to look good: not only she was strong in the magic ( something impressive for a human, remember ) , but she was mentally strong enough to not get drunk in magical pride and anger ( and apparently learnt that by herself ... or maybe humans are naturally more resistant to that than elves and demons, who knows ). Maybe Fern will get there someday ...

Dex-chan lover
Hmph, looks like she's going to have to use 1% of her true power.

Love the watercolors at the end.

Also, is it just me or did the translation this time feel a bit off compared to usual? Stuff like the demon saying "yeah".

Dex-chan lover
rose are red
violets are blue

@mage_goo
he can regenerate his body tho, but because his hearth got destroyed he can't regenerate

Double-page supporter
Frieren's master was a master strategist, She threatened the entire Demon Kingdom with a clock battery hiding the nuclear silos.

Dex-chan lover
So, the mages treated fight with other mages like honourable duel.
They are born with magical talent, and spent lifetime perfecting the art. So when they fight, not only they expect to show the result of their effort, they also expect their opponent to show theirs. Whoever lose simply meant their talent/effort lose to their opponent.

Resorting to tricks, which in their mindset is not part of perfecting the art of magic, rather than proudly came with all they have, is dirty.

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1 maybe its because she is an elf, her life is so long she not need to rush in anything and if she want it she has more than enough time to achieve it. Thats why maybe she not that interested in mundane things.

Dex-chan lover
When Flamme said "entire life" she definitely knew what she was doing. Frieren's power level won't be revealed to demons for generations.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter, Frieren being like

“Serious series...serious magic”

And the whole area goes boom

Users who are viewing this thread