Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Scales of Obedience

I love the way they depict Frierens real mana in this chapter. When it is no longer limited it is like Pure Violence or Strength depicted in Mana form. Especially when compared to the normal manas that just seem to come naturally almost from the ground, Frierens mana just clashes and surges and violently spews out!

Dex-chan lover
Hype as shit. She didn't even have to fight her directly. The explanation of why demons don't limit their mana, and why Aura didn't suspect Frieren doing so was pretty satisfying too.

Bro this is freaking incredible. I love how the explanations for everything make sense, and continue to tie the story together in subtle ways.

I wish the chapters were longer, but I don't have any complaints besides that lol.

I really love when she said person's mana will increase depend on their livespan, then she said she lives for a millenium. I mean, it make sense right?

There is a LOT of manga that said the same thing, yet... the new character with a 18 years old livespan could OVERWHELM an elder god mana with 500 years old experience

Dex-chan lover
@Lucrecia

I have already covered the subject of pain. We've seen other demons get sliced and not even flinch while keeping a neutral expression. In all instances, even in the flashback involving Aura getting slashed by the hero, demons have not reacted to being grievously wounded. Even if they felt pain, they do not use any body language to express their pain and it would make sense to me that showing their pain is a concept that completely eludes them. After all, it makes no sense to show their pain, since monsters don't help each other. Displaying pain would instead cause others to look down on you, as you are essentially saying that you are weak when you are displaying pain. Aura must also understand that Frieren does not have any mercy for demons and Frieren was not even looking at Aura so displaying pain was a completely pointless act.

The only instances of emotion we've seen from demons are related to their pride in their magic. From all I understand, the way I interpret those tears is just frustration; frustration at having her magic be turned against her and at having been deceived on mana capacity.

Dex-chan lover
Tiny Frieren is cute.

Also, could the spell simply be "Analysieren"?

@SirAron that wasn't Power Word Kill. Power Word Kill is simply a word of power that slays the target. This here was clearly compulsion magic from a wondrous item; usually commands that might hurt the victim entitle to an extra save roll, but apparently against millennium-old arcane casters save rolls aren't of much use.

Users who are viewing this thread