Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Village of Swords

> maybe the sword already did its job and nothing new can compare to what calamity it defeated. Or that its sealing something and pulling it out would release the great calamity

@kaikalaila Wow, I didn't think of that, that sounds fairly possible though, yeah I think it's either that or the 'great calamity' has yet to occur

Double-page supporter
plot twist: there was no sword in the stone at all. She only made the bottom part of the blade and got tired so she just fused it onto the stone and made up some story. sounds like something I would do lol

I bet the sword is a fake and there isn't a true hero, it's just there to discourage any "would be" heroes whose only conviction is that they will wield a powerful sword and that it's "their fate" to kill the demon king

Also I wonder how many generations has Frieren been clearing the demons away from the sword
I don't think the sword is meant for killing a demon king, but something far greater.

Dex-chan lover
So is the line from the village chief at the end saying that she thinks that Frieren would be able to pull the sword out? I like that if that was the intended meaning.

Dex-chan lover
This is one of my favorite chapters. I love how it shows that Himmel didn't become a hero because he was fated to by some destiny, or because he held some special power, but instead because he was determined to see his dream through to the end.

Dex-chan lover
wait, wasn't Himmel supposed to be a lot older than Heiter?
did the autor forgot about it?
No, I don't think that was the case. He certainly died first by a good while. But that doesn't mean he was older. Maybe the goddess kept Heiter alive long enough to raise Fern.

Users who are viewing this thread