Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Village of Swords

I don't understand this bullshit about not being about to pull a sword, just dig up or something

Group Leader
LOL who made that sword prank I wonder. It's probably glued to be one with a foundation going deep into the ground LOL

Just in case some of you didnt notice yet, the character names are pretty much all German words.

Himmel - heaven/ sky
Frieren - to freeze/ to feel cold
Stark - strong
Fern - distant
Heiter - cheerful

etc.

Kot

Strange women stones lying in ponds caves distributing swords is no basis for a system of government heroism. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses determination, not from some farcical aquatic pulling ceremony.

Himmel, probably.

I like this non-american way of thinking. In the end you don't need a choosen hero to save the day, only a group of capable people.

Dex-chan lover
She's only a decade or so late this time, it wasn't THAT long right?

On a more serious note, the one ability a true immortal probably would want is the ability to mind wipe their undesirable memories.

I hope they get to meet the new demon king or the new subjucation squad

@Meyahviing Nah, we're ultimately pretty deterministic in culture in the States, with the very Calvinist belief prominent that success is a sign of favor from on high rather than just being lucky (usually lucky to be born to rich parents). We don't even actually respect hard work like we say we do, we use it as a post hoc excuse for why we should exalt the rich - because "obviously" they must've worked hard to get there, but all the people who wring their lives out in menial jobs aren't worth the same respect because they must have some deep moral failing to explain why they're poor.

Dex-chan lover
@Nerrin my father immigrated with his family as refugees with nothing left to their name and worked his way up to a solid middle class lifestyle. Sure, everyone has their own circumstances, but the American Dream isn't extinct.

Dex-chan lover
ah, i love this "twist"; i kinda saw it coming since the fake hero real hero talk with heiter
himmel never needed a magic sword to be a hero to begin with so this is definitely expected, still nice nonetheless
somehow Stark didn't even bother attempting to lift it lol

One complain that I have is that the chapters end in such fast way, like 1 page and moving on

Users who are viewing this thread