Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Village of Swords

Dex-chan lover
Huh. I was expecting the twist to be that Frieren or Flamme put the sword there or she pulled it out for Himmel with magic brute forcing.

Dex-chan lover
The introduction of the Hero's sword... will this be foreshadowing? Or will the author leave it as is, merely decoration for the world setting?

Given the laid-back nature of this manga, it's more likely that it's going to be decoration.

If you think about it, everything that's happened thus far have simply been a mopping up of the Hero Party's adventures. Which is a really fresh view on adventuring, because now we finally get to see what happens after "Happily Ever After, the End".

this manga makes me cry every time but now I'm sad the Mountain Ruler died because she was lovely

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3 seems like the hero already appeared in this manga, but he's an elf too, so he'll probably pull the sword a thousand years after Frieren solves the problem.

Himmel isn't the true hero, as the demon king isn't the true calamaties that threaten to destroy the world. The prove is demon king has been existed for thousand years yet the world never threaten to be destroyed to begin with.

That's why Himmel a "fake hero" is able to defeat the demon king, a "fake calamities". Not to mention the party has Frieren which actually can kill the demon king herself, n the other member just need to protect her.

The sword will be pulled by a true hero that will face the real calamities that will destroy the world, which hasn't happen yet.

But hey, that's just my theory, a manga theory... XD

Dex-chan lover
I like that, not even needing the sword of prophecy to do what needed to be done.

I like that..he didn't pull the sword but still believed he can do the hero's job nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
p.6 Mommy Fern's pervert radar is strong as ever.
p.10 "Livid" village chief is cute.

@Lswarmruler @lenovoaxioo clearly all Stark's fighter feats have been spent on two-handed axes.

@codydub03 well, this manga has from the very start been about melancholy. If anything, it's moved on a bit since.

@arkvin they don't have to beat the demon king this time around though. So perhaps their current power level will go. (Also, apparently magic has improved in the ten years since the Himmel party's journey, so a party with two mages in it could be relatively more powerful in itself).

@Sumgui well, they were giving a quest, so it's kind of a contract with at least some advance payment implied?

Wont the village gonna have monster issue again if the sword isn't pulled out. Please come out and take it away, oh true hero.

I was expecting her to just pretend to pull it out and it just comes out

Dex-chan lover
@Logic "Hero" here is Yuusha in Japanese, and the term carries with it the implication of it being an occupation/rank. Its current meaning is very modern and is associated with the kind of adventuring knight-errant (or giant robot) leading a struggle against some kind of evil/enemy. In this sense, a Yuusha must do certain things to qualify as a Yuusha, must like getting the credentials for a job. That's also why this term is often translated as "Brave" instead of "Hero" (Yuusha-ou Gaogaigar = King of Braves Gaogaigar). The Japanese term for hero that can be bestowed to an actual heroic person and matches what you're thinking is eiyuu.

Is no one else going to point out that Himmel killed a huge demon as a kid with a little knife? Pretty impressive!

Dex-chan lover
I'd think a Hero who didn't even need any special weaponry like a Hero's Blade to defeat a Demon Lord would be seen as even more heroic, but I do understand how the inability to pull out the sword would put a dent in the story.

Users who are viewing this thread