Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Village of Swords

Dex-chan lover
And so Frieren will continue to appear in this village's chiefs' wills.

Fed-Kun's army
if a fake is as good as the real thing, in that it accomplishes the purpose intended for a genuine article, doesn't that make the fake even better? the fake is not only equal to the real thing, but also more, or something other than just the real thing.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe the sword is some kind of test and you only become a true hero when you continue the fight despite not being able to pull it out.

Dex-chan lover
I think the sword's story is being misunderstood here. It isn't a situation where the Hero's sword is meant to handle a greater threat or that it's meant to inspire. This manga seems to be another one of those "breaking the cycle" stories that we have seen a lot (like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha or Futami Sui's Sekai Maou) but from a different and rather radical perspective. The other manga of this genre and style usually have the REAL hero and the real demon king cooperating somehow to break the cycle, but Frieren is approaching this very differently, with a "fake" but TRUE hero succeeding in doing what should have been the "real" hero's job and his party members continuing on to wreak havoc upon whatever the original design of the world had been, years later. Himmel might be dead, but Frieren got humans developing anti-demon magic, Heiter trained up a support mage for her, and Eisen both sent her on her current journey and trained up a warrior bodyguard for her. So the cycle is being broken by the legacy of a "fake" hero that turns out to be the truest Hero of them all.

maybe the great calamities is not the demon lord , but something more terrible that can really destroy the world

HOW BADASS CAN YOU BE... LIKE... imagine not being THE FVCKING HERO, and not pulling out the sword BUT STILL SAVES THE WORLD ANYWAYS... HOW FCKING BAD ASSS CAN YUO BE!?!?!

I think, hero is not a title you should get just by pulling a legendary sword..... you are a hero when people decide to call you that

Dex-chan lover
2000 years later, Frieren was quoted as saying, "Use your fucking mecha army, you lazy fucks!"

Maybe she should try to pull the sword out herself. Interesting she didn't, twice.

Dex-chan lover
There's a chance that the great calamity has already passed and the true hero already stopped it. Thus, the sword has no more purpose and is just placed there. A powerful weapon with no enemy to smite, nor master to be wielded by.

Dex-chan lover
She was late coming back. For 30 whole years.
lol
I've heard that women take their time getting ready for outings, but this is on a whole other dimension.

Aggregator gang
The village chief must have been very fond of Frieren 😂 usually people only put about inheritance in their will but i see that the previous village chief may have passed down a whole diary 😂

Double-page supporter
I was hoping they would ask him to try and pull it out and then at the last second he would refuse but secretly it was budging he just didn’t want the responsibility of being a hero or taunting the former hero legacy

Users who are viewing this thread