Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Mirrored Lotus

@reu I was with you for the first bits but you fumbled the play, you should learn from stark's social mistakes and stop while you are ahead.

Dex-chan lover
It looks like Himmel actually was aware of the floriography, but even if not I think the fact that he put it on Frieren's left ring finger is enough of a sign.

That art at the last page is super cute!

Double-page supporter
@reu i get your point but i disagree . As this story is not Really about romance. I hope they stay as friends/siblings, dunno but i just dislike them as a couple it feels too unnatural for me as i see them more like siblings. We also dont know how long their journey will be with the detours and akland might die of old age before anything can happen romantically.

i'm crying, god damnit. this might become my favorite manga among the ones i'm reading here.

@Dale123 she just realized in this chapter, thought I still want his ghost to show up to tell her personally when the go to heaven.

@reu they're both 17, thought I agree with you, it's unlikely that they don't end up together.

Double-page supporter
@Bigg3_chees3 me too. Them as lovers feels too unnatural and forced to me and i think it would ruin the group dynamic for me. I also see them more as siblings/close friends. Those "signs" could also just be because they are the first friends they have made their own age and are happy to become closer and friendlier.

God damn it Himmel why did you use these stupid hints instead of actually asking her out. At least he should have done it after the subjugation and the threat were over.
Although, it is possible that Freiren didn't like him until way later cause she is much longer lived and might work on a different time scale.

Every time Himmel shows up, my eyes are ready to cry. Ugh, I love and hate seeing all the leftover memories with the hero party. (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥~°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

@binary10011 Its probably because he understood that he has a way shorter lifespan as a human compared to frieren so asking her out would have left her a widow for the next like 1000 years

Dex-chan lover
I really hope, this story doesn't end when the current crew disband, but continue on with Frieren travelling with new companions..

maybe a sequel with Fern and Stark's children after

or a future sequel with the technology moved a bit to steam/magitech settings... or shows obvious sign that time has passed.

Group Leader
A non-romance shounen that includes true and ethernal love... Reminds me another manga which is axed. Merry Grave. I hope this doesn't share the same fate.

Users who are viewing this thread