Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - Orden Family

I don't really mind if its light romance maybe once in 6~14 chpater would be fine for me. Feels like the guys who want the sibling route will make the ratings fall.

Fed-Kun's army
I like how something that would have been a whole arc in some others is just 1 chapter here. Short and Sweet

@Fluffyfish I see an underlying theme of this manga being to bring some sort of resolution in past relationships, especially ones where one of the individuals is deceased. We see this a lot in the glimpses back of Frieren's relationship with Himmel, and with the party as a whole. We also see attempts to try to help others avoid similar mistakes in similar situations, and duplicate successes from the past. A lot of it focuses on Frieren, as the MC, but we also see it in others, too, as we've seen some of their backstories.

In this, we see a resolution for Stark with his father, and Orden with his son. Both know the other isn't the person they really want to be able to have these conversations with, but both recognize that they are able to help each other heal, as well. Stark also identifies with the living, younger son (as a younger brother to a "more talented" hero that died protecting others), and is able to try to make sure he experiences the love and support that Stark wished he had received.

Of course, we also do get to see the Fern and Stark moments with obvious hints of romance involved in them, but even that can be seen as a referendum on the fact that Frieren didn't recognize those moments with Himmel when he was alive, whereas Fern seems to notice them in herself at least a bit (even if she does act a bit Tsundere sometimes).

So I see the point of this chapter as giving chance a time to reconcile a bit with his father mentally, as well as committing to reconciling with he foster father before it becomes to late to actually have that conversation. The look he has seeing Orden interacting warmly with the younger son at the end was, in my opinion, the primary purpose of the chapter.

Well this was great S of L romantic manga where the MC and FC got to go to the Ball in the end and I really enjoyed side story about the emotional growth of the family after the loss of a son. Wait that was one chapter, seriously? The pleasure of reading, the pain of waiting.

Dex-chan lover
That coloured page of Fern dancing with Stark is truly a blessing for the eyes.

The way how past and current relationships reflect one another and how they over-twine....so beautiful and meaningful 😭👌🏼

Group Leader
Learning ettiquette: sad life
Seeing fern dressed gorgeously: good life

Ka7Gsb6.png

Dex-chan lover
A bittersweet chapter... i really thought for a sec they'd set up for him to come back and replace the son. But I think this is better, over-all.

Supporter
Complete story for a chapter..
Don't bee to sad your mama Frieren will accompany you into a dance.
At first I thought so, if only there were no cakes on the table. SAD

Users who are viewing this thread