Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - Orden Family

@wolfclaw3812 not sure if anyone explained it yet but here's my summary of the whole thing:

a noble hired Stark to pose as his recently deceased son in a big social function to keep public morale up. Fern ended up also going as Stark's partner, the chapter seems to be pushing them together more than normal. Stark and the noble also bonded bc the father misses his son and Stark misses his foster father. also Stark kinda saw himself in the younger son, who's supposedly not as good as his brother was, but Stark kinda got emotional resolution when the noble acknowledged that his younger son works hard enough to make up for his lack of talent

Dex-chan lover
"It's for our travel expenses" oh how the tables have turned, Fern

Dex-chan lover
Stark:"Frieren...be honest with me. Am I a prostitute?"
Frieren:"What? No of course not. Why would you say that? Now go and make Mama some money with the body of yours."

Dex-chan lover
This chapter feels a little too fast-paced even for this manga, but it was still fun seeing the gang wrapped up in all this etiquette stuff, Stark especially.

Supporter
I love how this manga is basically one of the very few ones that features an story with realistic time frames.

They have been travelling for years now.

Also, they have chapters that cover weeks and months at a time, yet they don't feel rushed or drawn out.

Truly a composition and writing talent that is worth singing praises for.

They're really setting up stark and fern huh? Probably a parallel to freiren and himmel but damn hammel was such a chad and stark is big virgin energy sadly. I think it will be hilarious that in the end after beating the demon lord they don't get together until the epilouge where freiren has to convince fern not to end up like her.

@konderd
Go back to reading your battle shounens then. If you can't take character development and the more slower slice of life chapters and think they are 'filler' then leave. The slower pace is intentional and is meant to emphasize how insanely long this journey is. Also I think the lack of demons similar to Aura the scales demon is probably a sign that the demon lord/king is returning/ a new one is rising to power.
In the first place this series isn't about fighting demons and saving the world, its about freiren learning to mourn the passing of her loved ones. Its called Frieren at the Funeral for a reason and why the series keeps reminding us how many years its been since himmel died.
If you do end up reading this sorry for sounding mean I'm just too emotional

Group Leader
Pretty weird to see a chapter with no character improvement (except for etiquette I guess but who use those in battlefield)

Fed-Kun's army
thank you for the chapter!!! this whole chapter was really wholesome and heartwarming! the mini himmel kissing frieren's cheek at the end was also absolutely adorable! huhu

Aggregator gang
sadly the only thing Wirth dropped was his third leg

Double-page supporter
@Tersione same here man. I felt like this chapter progressed really fast. But honestly still a really good one. I just love how you can feel Stark's pain when he sees the younger son, and then you can just sorta feel the relief when he hears that the dad encourages him. It makes me feel sad, but also happy. Stark's backstory honestly makes him such a great character to see grow.

Thanks for translating!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread