Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 35 - Chance to Journey

Dex-chan lover
I love this series. "Mold eliminating magic" and "stubborn oil stain removal magic", those have to be some of the most useful spells I've ever seen in the history of fantasy. The depiction of winter in the north is really spot on too, right down to the old classic of "put your super icy cold hands on someone's cheek/neck and then remark on how cold it is outside, possibly while they hit you in the arm", and the sheer comfy of a blazing fireplace (though they're not very efficient for sheer heating, particularly when it's genuinely cold, like 20 below F).

And man, all the little flashbacks just have so much in them, and the reflections they bring on the present. This series addresses "partings" of all kinds in such a unique and head-on way.

Its good this way, its the same in real life, people go their own way. Different goal etc ...

I like it, and atleast we keep a good memory of him. Wish he find his friend.

Fed-Kun's army
i sincerely hope they don't just reverse the separation immediately. there is meaning in splitting. keeping true to one's purpose and not losing sight of your goal is usually a choice deferred in stories involving multiple characters.

Dex-chan lover
Meeting and parting huh. That's nice.
I hope the manga doesn't pull some contrivance to reunited them any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread