Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - Moment for Resolve

Double-page supporter
Allowing fully fledged mercenaries to kill overconfident children is just very counterproductive, and probably has something to do with the declining magic in that society.

Dex-chan lover
Why are people hating on this arc lol. I love it since we haven't seen this much worldbuilding on the current state of mages.

Dex-chan lover
I like Wirbel. He's cool.
Also the detail about how magic reflects the personality of the user is a nice detail to know. I'm looking forward to Fern and Frieren possibly developing personal spells.

Lovely as always and a surprising twist with the remark about the mages of this current age, I sense foreshadowing.

Dex-chan lover
Edgy kids everywhere. Just wish there were someone actually mature there going "grow up already" ^^;

Fed-Kun's army
Such a practical exam, you lose 97% of your nations talent in one go, worth it!!!
Lol so stupid

Why the hate? This is an exam to become a FIRST CLASS MAGE. If there was no risk involved a lot more people would try to advance. The participants should be aware of these risks. Losing mages who are stupid enough to sign up despite not having the skill to fall back on is part of the exam. As most of the deaths were caused by monsters they would have died just the same if they were to take on a first/second class quest.

Dex-chan lover
When spamming 1 skill is enough to be a 1st class mage, you know how peaceful their world actually.

Users who are viewing this thread