Sousou no Frieren

I feel like mangadex comments are getting worse and worse. I feel like some people just go to highest rated mangas to shit on it. Honestly i hope thats not the case and people actually hated this manga after reading it. At least they tried to read and and figured out it wasn't their type of story.

And i guess people who like mangas they read will never understand people who hate it. Or at least the ones who hate wont understand the ones who likes the manga. I mean we can all argue for days on how this sucks or this is good story but pretty much each side has decided what their opinion is and probably wont change their mind.

@Prominis
No worries, I quite liked this part of the manga.

Frieren's internal conflict was put nicely in chapter 14, when she talks to the demon child:
"'Mother' again, huh?"
"like monsters, demons have no custom of raising children, so after they are born, they spend most of their time all alone. You demons are creatures that find solitude to be natural, and the concept of 'family' doesn''t even exist"
"nonetheless, why are you using the word 'mother'"

That was during their journey to defeat the demon king. According to the flashbacks, she seems to grow attached to the hero party, but always keeping her distance (what you called "lack of emotional depth"), unsure about what she feels towards them, or if it is actually genuine.

Back in chapter 1, the first spark of her realization happens when Himmel shows how he treasured that Darkness Dragon's horn, and wished to return it someday. At the time, she just tried to gloss it over saying it "it's not that big of a deal" (to herself, alone). Once the party reunites to watch the 'Era Meteors', everything Himmel says could simply be an externalization of what Frieren felt, wished/longed for, being really emotional how both sides felt actually the same... although, the next scene just shows the whole party happily watching the meteors. At the time, she probably just kept being stoic, albeit happy... we actually see her side, and response, at Himmel's funeral - meaning, she realized that those feelings were genuine, but now it was too late, as the person who made her realize it was dead.

Her flashbacks after their journey ended were mostly her in solitude, or having people act as outsiders. After that realization, she's actively trying to confirm the truthness of those feelings. But, after reading your comment, I'm starting to think that this opposition Frieren x demons is more important than what I had in mind... initially, I thought it would be more related to 'evil' (not demons), but considering how things are still quite open, I'm unsure how the author will play this out... so far, the demons they met were all beligerant (evil), so the outcome of the battle with Aura will be important to show what we should expect for now on - especially, if it will change her attitude toward demons or not. There's also a chance that other magical elements or beings will appear, and they might also be important to this development. I really hope the author works out this evil/demons part well, and whatever they find at the demon king castle, hopefully won't disappoint.

I love how empty this manga feels, it isn’t bad, as I said i love this manga so much because of the “emptiness” and “loneliness” of this manga. I don’t particularly know how to explain the feeling of “emptiness” but the art style definitely increases that feeling, which I love.

Maybe this is how I’d explain how I feel about this?
I read this with the image of an old dying frieren and we’re seeing her memories. Of course that probably isn’t what the author had in mind but that’s the only way I can explain the feeling of “emptiness”/“loneliness” for me.

@Thoxi1026

I totally get you. I have a feeling that it could be because of the use of space in this manga. In many panels, the spectator's view is panned out, showing not just the characters but also the things (and lack of things) surrounding them, often creating large amounts of "empty space".

@Twenty
Possibly, I like it, it isn’t jampacked with text/drawings and it probably wouldn’t be as good as most if it was packed with those things.

On a completely unrelated note, what is the eye thing mean when u click on my profile? If it’s how many times people have viewed my profile, I’m a bit glad that people would even bother with that.

If Everyone Is Wondering Whats One-Hundredths Thats (10Yrs) 0.01% Of 100% So Frieren Life Span Would Be 900,000 Yrs Or More I May be Wrong Correct Me If Im Wrong.

Edit: After 0.01 is 0.011 To 0.02

@Shyning Bro, stop replying to me. Seriously. I don't care what you think, i haven't read any of your shit up until now and stop getting notifications. And lets be honest here, my opinion is objectively better than yours. Keep seething, and keep replying bro, i won't listen anyways.

Group Leader
@Phillipsskelisia Several of the earlier chapters said something along the lines of "rate this manga 10/10", and the rating is now quite a bit higher than every other manga on the site, although the gap has shrank a bit recently. The same thing happens on every manga with a message like that.

Users who are viewing this thread