Sousou no Frieren

Dex-chan lover
@zStella
Darth-Vader-No-Gif.gif

Is it a slice of life or is it a slice of my heart because that's what it feels like reading the story (in a good way) (〒﹏〒)

@Flamedance20 I don’t know how many other adventure stories you’ve read but this is really different from other stories of this kind. The drama is more developed on the message side of the manga than emotions that are created trough something like conflicts, something you’d see much more in other adventure mangas. The messages and topics that are touched in these stories is are much more elaborate here. At the same time, I do agree that they could have done something better than ‘head to the demons castle + kill the generals on the way’. The targeted location could have been better.

@Alpha_Salsa
Basically every Isekai has that same plotline. Either lets go for the Demon kings castle instantly after gathering the members or something thats more popular lately about the Heros life after they killed the "demon king/lord" right away. Like Yuusha Goikkou no Kaerimichi, Retired heroes and all these other with terribly long names that are a better comparision, but i cant remember.

This one starts as the latter, but then goes right back to the 1st. It goes for the sad angle with no real build up and has a female elf protagonist instead. Thats the only real difference for me.

For me its a basic isekai/reincarnationi/adventure story just here the protagonist doesnt have to die and reincarnate to have that 2nd adventure, because they live long enough. They still the same op and all knowing here, but an emotional cripple which isnt exactly race specific.

That would be ok, if the battles werent so poorly done, but the demon arc made it clear its one sided with dumb villians and a terrible magic system. I would have prolly enjoyed it more, if it was a simple magic teacher/student slice of life with a more fleshed out magic system.

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh it's a weekly series with 30 chapters, there's all the time in the world to develop stuff.

Dex-chan lover
"It's an isekai except without reincarnation" got to be one of the hottest takes I've heard this year.

@danvolodar Boy work on your reading skills any tard can tell what he meant and its true. Lets go to the demon castle to kill the demon king is the most reused Isekai plotline there is.

This manga is basically just that now. Personally the Demon arc sucked major dong and i just want to see if it really goes down that craproad of 0 imagination like most isekai.

Dex-chan lover
@yingtoo78 I know full well what he meant, the ridiculousness of his argument about "isekai without reincarnation" is not reduced by it.
Furthermore, if you think that the manga's overarching plot is "lets go to the demon castle to kill the demon king", you should seriously reconsider your priorities before suggesting others work on their reading skills. You could start, eh, at chapter 1 of the manga, perhaps there you might find the fate of said demon king.
Don't give up, you can do it! Even if perhaps not at your first attempt, we believe in you!

@danvolodar

Ho:eek: Isnt it the current plotline established in the 1st real arc?
Go to the castle and kill the generals/king ? Wasnt it the plotline of the skipped 1st journey? Its basically the same and you even agreed on it no? So tell me how hes wrong when thats all he said.

I for sure didnt think it would be done this rushed and lord the battles here are just uff like flame said lol. If in doubt go for the jojo season 2 approach. So im just following to see, if it really goes for that.

So i dont exactly getcha being all smug with hes dumb for that when its pretty obvious its true. Just makes ya seem like a butthurt fanboy without a point. I rather like it to write in trollish form, but sometimes you gotta write normal meh.

Fed-Kun's army
Jesus christ your heads are so far up your own assholes that you can smell your bad breath so i'd suggest you all calm the fuck down and enjoy the manga for fuck's sake

@Alpha_Salsa Yeah that was its biggest draw anyway, but its the authors choice. Wasnt sure if i should have replied in the 1st place, because usually some fans feel personally attacked like you see here. They get way to angry about basically nothing.

Twenty-nine years have elapsed since the hero Himmel's passing.
Life's too short to be sniping at one another in the comments like this...

Dex-chan lover
@yingtoo78 There was a whole chapter 7 dedicated to establishing the party's goals - and no, the current plotline is not "go to the castle and kill the generals/king", because the king has been dead for decades, and the leftover general(s) are stragglers which no one tasked the party with killing. And no, isekai is a subgenre that has a well-known definition, and it's not "herp-derp an adventure manga that I don't like".

Users who are viewing this thread