Sousou no Frieren

@Flamedance20 That’s true, It’s normal for people to want to think that their favorite mangas don’t have flaws, there will allways be something wrong tho. But a formal critique deserves a formal reply.

@Legend13 it all started because this manga has high rating, and apparently some people believe that if people like something that they don't then they are wrong and should be condemned, because this world is all about them and any opinions that differ from theirs are garbage. Some of them even came here saying something like "how is this rated higher than (insert their fav manga here)" and proceeded to call fans of this manga toxic for defending the manga, meanwhile they actually go so far out of their way to bash this manga because this one is rated higher than their so-called 'masterpiece' favorite manga.

I just want to mention that the fantasy aspect of isekais is borrowed from an already established fantasy trope like dragon quest (kill the maou) or final fantasy (kill god, godlike being) etc. Some like overlord borrow their tropes directly from dungeons and dragons. Anyway, my point is that isekais have nothing to do with the tropes in this manga and you re all zoomers for thinking that.

@Ozys I get there is a lot of other mangas way better than this one even with the same genre, but why would someone take serious this web's rating? Even more, why would someone take serious the rate of a manga? If a lot of people saw this and all of them voted 10/10 cuz they enjoyed it more than other manga then what's the problem lmaoo.
IMO I like this manga cuz even in battles it doesn't get too serious, if we already know that mc is op even against any other enemy then why would the fights take so long? The battles are not the focus of the story and that's fine.
Well, at least Blue Period is finally catching up for 1st place and I think that one has a better established fanbase that will defend it against any asshole that gets offended that any other manga other than Berserk or Jojo's is in 1st place
Edit: Sousou no frieren is 1st place again, second wave of "Why this shit is so high?" Incoming

@JoshuaDMarti
"If a lot of people saw this and all of them voted 10/10 cuz they enjoyed it more than other manga then what's the problem lmaoo"
the problem is that now their favorite so-called masterpiece manga are rated lower than this, and their ego is so high they can't accept the fact that their favorite thing is not the best thing in the entire fucking universe.

A review from suspiciously tired person who has slept for 9 hours yet can't keep her eyes open.

It's ok, doesn't fit my tastes but decent. Quite slow and I have horribly short attention span so dropped. Overall, 7/10.

I just love how neutral and non chalant everyone is, they're like dnd players who just woke up and doesn't really wanna roleplay that much yet lol.

Fed-Kun's army
Actually I'm kind of glad that KM was shutdown if not I wouldn't have discovered this masterpiece.

@jmas081391 Think he meant how the series went from 9.37 to 9.4 and blue period went the opposite. Reviewbombing isn't a one way road, especially on this site and with translators asking for it.

On mangadex It's a 3 way war between Sousou, Kimi wa and Blue Period to get rank 1 for some reason. Not sure if all 3 translators asked for ratings like sosou did, but that's whats happening.

Personally the drop for me was after stark was introduced to get some comedy in it. Felt like Zenitsu from KnY and he's so annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread