Sousou no Frieren

The story and character development have only been getting better in my eyes,
as we see Frieren's memories about the former Hero party and how much it changed her. Of course, the new "Hero" party allowing for much character development for Frieren as she comes to the realization of what Himmel thought of her and remembers her exploits with the former hero party. Also, the new hero party has had much development, and just seeing how they will continue gives me a bittersweet feeling.
Anyways, I still get emotional, and damn on the chapter
the 300-year-old guy who was defending that town because it was his dead wife's wish came around I cried for the whole chapter which for a manga is very rare.
So if anything, the manga is only getting more and more sad the further we go as we find new characters to relate to and seeing them pass away, nearing death, and saying their farewell. Even characters that we only get to see for one chapter make me emotional because of how amazing their story is written just like the former hero party.
We only see the former hero party in memories from some 80 years ago, but it still makes us emotional because it is shown in memories of the distant past.
Anyways for anyone who wants to pick it up I would say this is a must-read for anyone. 10/10.

One of the best manga on this site. This is one of the few manga that I think everyone should read, and in the future if manga becomes more mainstream globally, this will be one of the manga that will live on as a classic.

A good manga, I guess it's strong suit is that it doesn't really make any mistakes and doesn't do anything controversial.
The characters all develop well, the story is good, the world is well fleshed out, the art is fantastic, there's no inconsistencies.

I feel like it's lacking in suspense and thrill for me.
Something always enjoyable to read, but never my most anticipated manga.

For some reason reading this always makes me get in that nostalgia mood.

I can see why it's rated so highly, but personally I'd rate it like an 8.5

@malvazar its supposed to lack in suspense and thrill and make you feel nostalgic since thats how Frieren feels I think. Same reason this whole side quest thing feels annoying and unnecessary. Its like most of the new mages are power rangers and shouting out stupid catch phrases instead of just doing whats needs done like the MCs.

It's like that manga about an overpowered MC who wanted to live a peaceful life but the MC actually succeeded in this one. It got all the sad and normal aspects of real life. 8/10 imo.

Hey guys, does somebody have a clue of how this manga got so popular from it's release in 2020? Was it announced by some important media? How people discovered that so fast?

@JakkRo From what I remember. Chapter 1 release (not by KC), have cool concept, cool autism elf and mangadex rating is 9.02, reddit post have 2k upvote and every one like it . Chapter 4 release, it overtake berserk (with 800 vote) then boom, clean, fast, without a single shot being fired or a drop of blood spilled .

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Oh what they're releasing english volumes now?? Heck yeah!!

''this doesn't deserve n'1 position on magadex gne gne gne'' maybe it's true but this is so calm, relaxing and soothing that you can read this and forget all your problem for 5-10 minutes. The art is so good, at first sight they can seem expressionless but you can always understand the characters from the draws. At last, Frieren, Frieren is at the same time a baby, teenager, grown and retired. Her approach to emotions and memories is very well done in every little details.

Everyone tells me that I’ll love this and it sounds like I will I just can’t be bothered to be sad right now lol

Users who are viewing this thread