Sousou no Frieren

No wonder I want this exam to hurry up and be done with. That's probably what Frieren wants too.

Fed-Kun's army
Frieren is now an award winner. What a time to be alive.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-15/frieren-beyond-journey-end-wins-14th-manga-taisho-awards/.170587

Dex-chan lover
I have never felt this filtered in my entire life
To me this is the least interesting stale bread writing I have ever seen
Absolute glacial pace nothing ever happens and every character talks like a developmentally challenged robot

But somehow everyone else seems to like it

Group Leader
It's not that bad of a manga, but it's seriously packed full with meaningless chapters.
You could easily cut half the chapters and it would be nothing loss of value.
Only memorable chapters were test for first-mage and battle with Macht.
The rest I skimmed since I realized they were just "do this/kill this then Frieren gets grimuar" repeat for like 60 chapters or so.
Also the characters lack depth but it's understandable since nothing really meaningful happening in this manga.
I guess that 89% Philosophy tag on anilist is really misleading.

Last edited:
Started reading this and man the feels real hit. I am glad I had the opportunity to read the manga.

the author is on break, so don't rush to conclusions.
good news: next chapter should drop on the 6th of september
They've said that on the website for the last 2 months and this isn't the first time they acquired a manga and just stopped updating it.

this has been a hard read ever since i noticed how annoyingly excessive the apathetic half-way open eyes are in so many powerful characters. every single character is like this 😒

Fed-Kun's army
This is an amazing manga exactly because of the slow burn. You can feel that Freiren is old, and bored, but does what she loves to do.

It is a pleasure to read in a similar way like apple pie or any other good food is a pleasure to eat. it will probably not expand your view, and it will probably not be an exciting experience you will remember for years, but it is very comforting in the same way Freiren does a lot of the stuff she does, out of comfort and to reminiscence her old friend.

Users who are viewing this thread