Sousou no Frieren

@Zero13 oh yeah? Didn’t know there were still other relevant manga sites beside mangadex Haha... and you were acting as if the rating on other site was somewhere between 5 to 7.... even myanimelist rated this higher than saihate no paladin and fumatsu no anata e

@CronaDarklight hmm, idk about that. thanks, I'll check it out later.
anyway I love it this way. and imo it's okay to pick some reference from something that you loved to inspire you.

Double-page supporter
@Logic
Huh well i dont know about you, but being ranked 1 or in the top 200 as a new manga is a big difference for me. Same with the difference between a 9.5 and a 8 is pretty big too and you would kinda expect something amazing with rank 1. Instead got a manga that just plays on cheap emotions with no build up and flashbacks every single chapter with it, which is a bummer.

You are also kinda comparing a weekly manga that has just released this year and had top quality translations available from week 1 on aggregator sites with mangas that are 4 years+ old, had heavy hiatuses and dirty translations at times, if any at all. Mean both manga are older than mangadex itself, while Sosou released on here this year by a known translator, so ye super unbiased.

Hell lets go this way, if i went after Sales Fumetsu no Anata e sold quite more than Sousou in the 1st weeks of each corresponding volume (1+2) release. So alot more people thought it was worth buying. So you can kinda see how small the bubble is that is mangadex.

The community is tiny afterall and swings a certain way and not everyone has read older series with alot of chaps to see how a series compares. Stuff like Nan Hao & Shang Feng is a top tier manga afterall if you go by this site, because its rated 9.3 here and shows up in the top 20. Catch the bias yet and how scewed ratings can be, if you just go by 1 site?

@Zero13 i mean rankings arent really that important, they kinda just signify what people are generally liking and how likely you are going to like something based on the "average person". It's pretty wholesome and that's what many people are reading and enjoying. It's pretty much just a slice of life with fantasy stuff.

Sometimes you don't need depth or a diverse story. I like this manga because it's simple. The characters are simple, the situations are simple and light hearted with a dark undertone, and most importantly it's consistent. While I don't anguish over when the next chapter is going to come or deeply think about theories on where the plot is taking us, it is simply a welcomed occurrence in my week. And sometimes that's all you need. Like a cool breeze on a warm day.

Dex-chan lover
I like this a lot. It’s a 1000 year old elf finally discovering herself, and coming to understand that her current relationships make her understand the feelings she had/has of her past ones.

Double-page supporter
@Fusionxtras
Ye thats what i tried to point out with my reply. It can be heavily biased, if you just go by ranking of 1 place and be just a bubble, is why i included the sales comparision overall too.

People act like its a sin if you are disappointed, even if you point out why and just state ur opinion. I mean Fumetsu no Anata e was one of the most popular manga about Longevity/Immortality issues and up to the last arc of part 1 it was pretty amazing in its establishment and writing.

"why is this manga no 1 waaaaa" "I dont like this how is this rated highly waaaaaa" just shut up and go read something else if you dont like it, like holy fuck the amount of people crying about this manga being #1 on this site is mind boggling. you are literally asking "why do you all like this so much? i dont like it so you are not allowed to rate this so highly." please just kindly go read something else instead of crying about how a lot of people like something that you dont like, like jesus christ grow up already, please, yeah? thanks

Double-page supporter
@Ozys Great idea insult people right away. This is a mangareader not a fanpage. You are literally getting pissy over people telling how they feel about the manga on a reader.

mangas fine for the emotional kick but nothing else to it on my read. Dont like the way magic works here with the demons felt like jojo season 2s one upping because they saw it coming.

@Ozys
here comes the comment police weewoo to bitch about opinions because they got a broom up their behind lol. I say let em have it haha

Double-page supporter
Not sure if I'll be into this but I'll give it a try. see you in a couple hours.

Each and every chapter of this manga always carries a wave of different emotions within itself, it's so wholesome and wonderful. I really love it.

Users who are viewing this thread