Sousou no Frieren

I think it handles the flow of time and the disconnect between how it affects society and individuals in a really interesting and unique manner.

@Seb94 i think it deserves that rating it really is that good the characters are are really well written with every chapter being really impactful

Group Leader
If there were only one word used to describe this manga it would be "bittersweet".
Very emotional, constantly mentions death and how to move on and remember loved ones that have passed.

This is honestly so heartbreaking 😭
I mean we all know that Himmel had feelings for her and she for him (probably only to realise it after his death) . The journey that she sets off to comprises of lots of remembrance, in every little thing she seems to recall what Himmel had done for her, all his words, the places that they have their traces, counting the year after his death is so 💔 since age and years initially never really matter to her due to her long years to come

This slice of life story reminds me of how absurd time is in real life. Amazing, my heart hurts so bad.

Dex-chan lover
kHPxj2F.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Ha... my main source of loli-with-pointy-ears energy! Always a great bit of story to read!

the 221 people who rated it 1 have "boku no pico" as their favorite anime. thus they can't read such masterpiece like this.

It's been a while since I've read a series that could make me laugh, cry, smile, get upset, and fill me with existential dread all at the same time. Scratch that, that's never happened. This is honestly a masterpiece of a story, such good world building and interesting characters. I can't find a single complaint in me.

What always remains constant is change itself and this story is based on a person who is both fighting against it and for it. A truly saudade adventure.

This is rated lower on this site than a 2 chapter Manga about a gorilla dying.

although to be fair so is every other manga

@twicefan Of course. We rate manga by quality, and it is truly a masterpiece of universal acclaim. Frieren is fantastic, but Monke is superior in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread