Sousou no Frieren

Dex-chan lover
Anybody who voted 1 is a pissed off fanboy who can't handle that this is rated higher than their favorite manga.

The ratings of '1' are most likely not genuine whatsoever. Sure, it may not be to their tastes but a 1/10 seldom means anything. I would say a 3/10 is far more genuine than a 1. That can also be said about 10/10 most of the time though. Just like people who rate it the lowest possible score because it's not for them, some people give top scores because properly evaluating something with a number between 1-10 can be difficult. What differentiates a 9 from a 10 and so on. I think for most it's just easier to give a 10 than trying to figure out the accurate personal rating for it - and once more, same goes for 1.

That said, MangaDex does have guidelines/words describing the ratings and 'appalling' doesn't quite seem like it'd fit in any sense of the manga, and on the flip-side; Masterpiece is too early to tell in my opinion. I think it's great, and MangaDex defines 'Great' with a 9 so I'm leaving it at 9 unless something changes later down the road. :)

the enormous thin-walled cabin is kinda cracking me up

they probably have a pretty good magical heating system

Contributor
the artist at the end of ch 35
https://twitter.com/transc_

credit the art you find.

Group Leader
Not sure I can accurately describe why this is so beautiful. It has the potential to be some sort of wish fulfillment fantasy, but it’s not. It has the potential to be a melodrama, but it’s not. It has the potential to be a true tragedy, but it’s not.
The concept could have gone in so many more typical directions, but instead it maintains a calm sort of nostalgia tinged with both hope and melancholy.
The series chronicles the existence of a girl who has to watch the world pass around her forever. She can’t live with other near-immortals, because elves are practically extinct. She has trouble with humans, because for her their entire lifespan is just a moment. She has to watch those she cares about die peacefully of old age again and again, yet for her, this is simply the way of the world, and so she doesn’t break down tragically. She just has to continue on, as the world moves around her.

Sorry in advanced if this is a dumb question but, can someone tell me the release schedule for new chapters? I really like this series and would like to read the new chapters as soon as possible.
Thanks in advanced beautiful people!!!

Dex-chan lover
If this manga gets anime, I hope Kinema Citrus takes the project and let Kevin Penkin do the music score who has knowledge of RPG music score.

This has similar vibe with game Octopath Traveler but more centric to Frieren's journey

Users who are viewing this thread