Sousou no Frieren

@zeever how can you tell if there is no drama if you dropped it by chap 5. The reason its rated so highly because of its greats story telling and pacing. If it seems boring to you then it might be because your not really reading and understanding the theme of it.

Nothing showcases the feeling of loneliness cuz of outliving everyone than this manga truly a gem of gems.

A low charisma party stuck doing fetch quests, tsk..that's why you always have one member with high Charisma!

@Acidroach
Well, Kirei Cake is well known for pulling that stuff for like 10-15 years now? Might as well go from Hypochondria and paying for homeopathic tea to old age at that point.

Never forget when they made shit like this and now they ask for ratings too, while guilt tripping people.

Imo this manga doesn't deserve all the praise it gets.
The art is pretty alright, but it appears to me that the plot is a failure.
It seems like the author had set off to tell an "anti-story" in a way. To tell the story of what happened after the story itself, kind of like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.
The author probably wanted to tell a slow paced slice of life story, featuring nostalgia, dealing with the passing of time, grief, the return to ordinary life, contemplation, etc... This is what happens in the first chapters but quickly it seems like the author doesn't know what to say about all that anymore and ends up devolving into a typical adventure shonen story.
I was lured in by the originality of the plot but this was short-lived, it ended up being yet another battle shonen. Had the author wanted to tell a story about adventure, why not tell the story of the original adventure, especially since it seems like it's the same one with roughly the same goals and the same opponents ? They were supposed to have defeated the demon lord, and then they go right back at it and go fight demons again? The author most likely got confused and struggled to get new ideas, which also explains why the world, characters and story are generic and uninspired.
Not a native speaker, sorry if some sentences look weird.

It's top-rated for a reason

well might not suit some of ur taste but nevertheless, a huge majority loves it. Overrated or not you'll find it interesting to read.

this is awesome but i also believe they vasted potential with making 1 journey with a protag that can get 10000 of years

Y'know anyone who says "this doesn't deserve the praise/rating it has" are the biggest pieces of shit on this planet. Those are the types of people who piss me off the most. People spend DAYS writing, drawing, and storyboarding for a story like this. This is a good manga, and that's it.

It has finally dawned on my why this series gripped me so hard. It reminds me of Spice and Wolf, in a broad sense. Definitely deserving of the rating.

How is this rated higher than berserk but I never heard about it? Time to binge

Fed-Kun's army
I can assure you that every 204 and counting people who vote this manga a 1 have had a complete lobotomy.

Would be nice if they went back to that slow-paced world re-exploration
Nevermind, it can continue this way. I like what it's turning into, from nostalgia to leaving descendants.

Users who are viewing this thread