Sousou no Frieren

Wouldn’t recommend for people who like action and battles. This is more of like a leisurely walk down memory lane that is kinda sappy.

The me in the past who wants to have immortality or longer life now realized that in the long run you will be all alone and remembering all those that you loved die at old age.

Great series. As much as I love evil demons portrayed as sympathetic, its also refreshing to see them portrayed as bloodthirsty killers who need to be exterminated without a shred of remorse.

@ImDanGrow

The translator here has that schtick with my mom is sick for 2 decades now to ask for donations and for Frieren he also asked for ratings to show support in the tl. Like we are on facebook here. That is what started some rating wars where people spamvoted it in june? Also 2 weeks ago it had 1-2k votes in 1 day where it went from 9.34-9.42 and Blue Period the opposite.

In reality it's just rated really well on a single site and most other have it as a 8-8.5, if u check the infosites linked here and other aggregators. The sales are just a bit above average for now too. Is a decent read, but some things are done pretty poorly like battles and the magic system. Then you also got these weird people talking about lolis, because of frieren and fern.

Just dont take most rankings too serious for manga. I mean just look at the top 10 here with Nan Hao, Kimi wa, Yotsubato etc. in it at 9.33+.

Every new chapter makes me remember how fool I was for almost drop this manga in the first volume thinking this was going to be a pointless boring drama.

Holy shit, my first words after reaching the latest chapter, the art, characters, premise, message, theres so much that this manga does right, I have never been so sad that I reached the latest chapter to fast. Reading every chapter so far has been a fucking joy, Abe Tsukasa I've never heard of him before and won't act like I have but man this is some good shit. Easily a 10.

If you are considering reading this and see this review, please read it, I really would only pity you if you didn't :)

I see a lot of people in the comments reacting to these sad stories about the deaths of her comrades, saying how "this is why I would never want to be immortal" and the like. However, I think it's trying to push the opposite narrative. In stories with long-living or immortal beings, you usually get the message that life is meaningless and their inability to form close bonds but here they're showing the other side of the coin. You have a very long time to learn new things, experience new sights, witness the changing of eras and make new friends. Even if those friends die, they become parts of your memory that you can carry on, even when nobody else remembers them. It's a melancholic, yet happy thought.

Users who are viewing this thread