Sousou no Frieren

Double-page supporter
@taffyx30
Yeah i saw Kaiju 8 on the sales rankings doing that crazy and is how i even found it really. The tactical combat and sequential art are just top tier nearly on par with World Trigger.

Shoseki doesnt really have numbers and is a bit of a pain in the butt to navigate with guesswork and daily charts:p Dont like Distributors shipment numbers either as they often end up unsold on shelves sadly even if they include digital. Oricon has the exact sold number of prints and thats why its preferred to get a picture on how its doing. Maybe next volume it will make it.

I liked SpyxFamily too. Not serious with a small story and just heartwarming SoL family fun, even if a bit nonsensical with yor kicking a car arround for example. Good to see that Kaiju probably gonna be as good in sales and on par with the top as a newbie.

If you find an actual source about Sosous numbers dm it to me please if you got time. Kinda interested in numbers, even if its just shipped and i feel a bit bad cladding up the comments here talking about Kaiju 8 or spyxfamily ;p

@Zero13 that's true shosekiranking only show certain numbers on the weekly and monthly charts but it only shows estimates.

To be honest Spy x Family will be the best selling manga in it's genre from what I see.

Sure if I find the source I'll send it to you or just put it in the comments.

Group Leader
@DunkaDumma In my opinion, Berserk is better than this in many aspects such as worldbuilding, action, art etc. However, there is something that this manga is definetely better than Berserk which is the way it delivers the feelings. In Berserk, I always feel like author trying to force drama and tragedy too much, but still, I almost feel nothing for characters even if something terrible happens to them. However in this one, feelings just come naturally and beautifully. These are just my opinions of course. Berserk is still higher ranked than this in my list but reading this manga is such a delight.

Guys, if you want a serious top list just go to MyAnimeList. Please. Nobody cares if it's better than Berserk or not. It's fresh and nice to read. It's soft and new. It's mostly getting attention because people want to help the translator. Just leave this manga alone now so that I can see some comments about the chapter instead of it being better than Berserk or not.

Loli mage and gang wandering around in the Hundred Acre Wood.
This with a warm milk mug before bed for a soundful night.

No revenge story, no isekai, just cozy fantasy story with nostalgic feelings and sometimes demon killing, but mostly it is just calm, heartwarming without mainstream manga things(maybe idk). I hope it is gonna get some prize.

Dex-chan lover
i don't know why is this manga "shounen" when it's the least shoune-ish thing ever, you have no screaming shounen twat, no stupid forced drama, no "power of friendship" crap.

What you have are buckets of tears, very mature themes of death, time, sadness, growth

Users who are viewing this thread