Sousou no Frieren

I'm highkey lowkey gonna start reading this for future references for my inevitable immortality due to being cursed by humanity for being a goody-two-shoes. 💀

@Moonwolf287 I love the way this is drawn. Its so melancholy and really shows how emotionally detached Frieren and the two kids with here feel from those around them. It fit really well with the demons too, seeing as they're emotionless. The latest arch has Frieren with two emotionally expressive girls and it really highlights how slow moving and methodical Frieren actually is.

The art style is very stiff, the action scene looks very static, but idk why this manga is really charming in all of its stiffness.

@plethora i feel like the fact that the action isn't emphasized is actually one of it's charms. I'm pretty dumb so I can't explain it, but since it's a story revolving character relationships, this sort of helps the story follow a more slice-of-life type of more calming story rather than an action-packed, adrenaline-pumping fantasy world.

I think this series just have enough action. This is more of a slice-of-life adventure manga after all. So if SoL is not your taste, this manga might seems lacking. But for me this is 10/10

Thanks for translating :) This manga is definitely one of the good ones i've read recently

I'm not sure how to feel about this anymore
I liked the beginning a lot
but now it feels rather aimless
and the translations are mediocre
so it's just kinda a pile of letdowns, if it was just what it is now maybe i wouldn't be so disappointed

I think Monk Kraft is a warrior elf hero who defeated the demon king over thousand year ago (together with his human's mage friend), the hero's sword is Kraft's sword. Such a longtime and no one remember him anymore. Perhap because of Kraft, the new demon king ordered his army to destroy Frieren's villiage.

Why does every single name have to be some trivial german word? The meaning of the words are often very unfitting as well. Often its hard to read these names with a straight face because of the stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread