Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the keep up !! You did a great job man !!

Personally, if I were to be in MC'shoes I'd help myself with the elf then ditch her to some brothel.... or keep her as a pet xD
Seriously I'd just let her pay up with one quest (as bodyguard) then ditch her to someone else...

When he said "it's not black or red", it might be implying that since it's another world, it'd have different colours of snow or whatever there is in the mountain's peak. 🤔

Just like how there's that saturn like thing in the sky, or there are two moons with the color of red and blue instead of yellow.

Double-page supporter
Ungrateful shit. Can he not spend time with people who don't fall into his extremely narrow anime archetypes? The elf girl's friendly and hardly a liability, the dragon knight thinks highly of him and considers him a good friend. Here he's willing to potentially risk his life to protect the MC.

And all the stupid MC can do is complain to himself? Why would anyone complain about having two ride or die friends helping them make cash and explore?

@esp

Well, of course. If his country's not a pile of shit, then choosing his country over new people he's met is only sensible. What happens if Takeru turns out to be some sort of spy and gets the country embroiled in war or assassination, causing countless innocents to suffer and die? We only see the MC's perspective, who is - as always in isekai - more concerned with their own life and desires than anything else, so anyone who doesn't put the MC's life as #1 priority kinda comes off as shady or an antagonist. But from the GM's perspective, every new person could be a great boon to the guild and thus a huge aid to the local innocents or the harbinger of death and destruction. I'd choose country over MC any day, if for no other reason than protecting the innocent.

esp

The guild master seems like an OK guy, but I totally get being wary about giving him info. He's denied him a job so that he could pump him for info, and mentions that he'll absolutely throw people under the bus for the good of the country.

Then there's some noble we don't know about that's interested in his dragon. Combined with the folks at the entrance saying you're supposed to give up dragons to some institution or other. I'd take an excuse to not be in the city and keep it quiet, hell yeah. He's not their soldier.

ahhh and just like that my wish was granted and dragon dad joined the party.

esp

@Kayriel Yeah I'm not knocking the guild leader for trying to get info. I kinda think he's a good guy with the trope of being the socially retarded warrior. Just saying that if I was in MCs position I would already be planning on leaving. The guild is this weird middle ground where you are taking purely mercenary jobs and doesn't give a feeling that you are working for a country or city. The whole, "hey don't leave the city, also unrelatedly this guy with a lot of local power wants to see your pet" is like they're trying to give off red flags.

I guess it feels like it could end up one of those "with great power comes great responsibility" stories. Where they pressure the guy into being their problem solver, and I really hate reading those.

Group Leader
It's more along the lines that Takeru is registered by the Guild so that makes the Guild a bit responsible for him. If he fails or does a bad job, then the Guild might be blamed and that can hurt their reputation. An F-Rank taking a high-level job such as going to a dangerous area and getting a high-level item, can really make the Guild look bad if people though the Guild sent a low-level adventurer for such a high-level job. Hence the reason why this request isn't on the books. This is the reason why Cray and Grit wanted Takeru to do the level-up exam. The goblin hunt job was an emergency and they needed all the skill users they had.

Furthermore, I'm pretty certain the Guild is kind of like a temp agency, where the Guild is paid a commission for each job. So Takeru taking this job isn't going to net the Guild any income.

Dex-chan lover
If I'm not mistaken, the color of snow in Japanese manga is supposed to be yellow, because of all the pee pee jokes.

Thanks for picking it up and translating it to catch up to the raws. You did a good job, don't pull yourself down too much !

Contributor
Hmm. The center aligned text is an improvement. The next biggest jump in quality is probably going to be the shift from using wild words over comic sans. Cause it really makes my eyes whinge when I see it.

Thx for the translations! I can see the improvements from your first translated chapter. Hope you continue! :D

Users who are viewing this thread