Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Translation on page 13 is wrong. Decent guess at what was probably being said, but it's not really that close.

It doesn't say: "I have a sneaky suspicion 'GOD' had a hand in this meeting. You're really having fun at my expense, aren't you?"

It says: "What's with this incredibly unpleasant feeling. This isn't the sort of thing that can be explained with words like 'coincidence' or 'fate.' This is definitely the work of that 'young man.'"

Checking against the raw there's a lot of rather "loose" translations, aren't there? Got curious since the mistake on page 13 was pretty blatant with the Japanese still there so I checked a few random pages and there were more than a few iffy translations. Page 19 for example translates the last bit of text as "I'm so proud of you!" when it actually is supposed to say "Brolite-san is entirely on board with this." There's also "Please God, help me..." that was actually "Yeah, I'll be in your care..." on the last page.

A lot of these aren't really what most people would consider "edits [made] to make it sound better in English" as much as outright rewrites in some cases. Some don't make much sense, others are adding different meanings or nuance to various lines, and a few are just outright wrong. The story for the most part isn't changed too much so it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but it does change the feel of a lot of scenes and makes everything a lot more jokey all around. Not to knock the translator that much since he never claimed to be doing more than a rough translation and for those who can't read Japanese it's better than nothing, but it should be noted that "rough" really is rough.

All that is to say, I hope someone with more time and skill than me comes around to give these chapters a proper translation since I do feel it's good enough that it deserves as much. It sounds like other groups were already looking at this before these translations got posted, so hopefully it won't take too long!

Group Leader
@PersonaJXT
Like I said in the beginning, my Japanese is only average and some of it, didn't even make much sense in English. So I did some editing without changing the story entirely. What you had translated about God was basically what I had, just in different wording.
So if you really want to nitpick, then why don't you put up your own scans, re-draws and whatnot? I only did this because I wanted to give the readers the general plot and get caught up with the raw chapters. What's the difference with saying 'hello' and 'howdy?'

@AnimeaddictionIV

Like I said, I'm not really knocking you (you're the translator, yes?). Just pointing out that the translation really is rough, that there are errors, and that some of the translations don't match what's being said at all. Like I mentioned, you never claimed for it to be anything more than a rough translation so I'm not going to knock you for not doing more than that. For what it's worth, I do think you did a great job editing since I wouldn't have even thought there were errors if there wasn't Japanese text sitting there and a couple of parts that seemed really out of place.

I'm not really here to get into this with you. I will say that "why don't you do it better" is never much of an argument and that if you post stuff to the public you should be ready for mistakes to be pointed out.

Which parts didn't make sense to you in English btw? I could translate it for you if you want.

Group Leader
@PersonaJXT
Didn't mean to snap but I really got stressed and I don't translate sound effects since that means re-draws. The couple of blocks I didn't translate were missed. Those that had translations were in the margins.
I spoke to the leader of the NoNames group about that chapter I uploaded and they even offered me a position. When I gave them my rough of chapter 14, the leader said, "DAMN, you did most of the work. There's not too much we can do." I even offered to upload it under their group name and she said, "No you upload it under 'no name' or your own name. It wouldn't be right for us to take any credit when you did all the work."
So I decided to take their advice and made up the new group, What the Heck, Why not? That's basically my position on scans. I'm not in this full time and if anyone wants to take my work and put their own improvements or whatnot, then fine.

Long time I didn’t read this isekai
Was sure it was dropped
Thanks a lot for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread