Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki - Vol. 4 Ch. 25

Fed-Kun's army
Doesn't "danna" mean "husband" ? So why is the dwarf calling MC that.

Weird that MC cannot detect monsters.. he can detect collectible items from far away.

Looks like Takeru played Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. That trick with the magic stone is like Farore's Wind.

Dex-chan lover
@Animeaddiction It's way older than that. It's in the Ultima games, which I think were popular in Japan, though not as popular as Wizardry. I *think* Wizardry had a similar system, but it's been so long I forget. And a lot of Japanese Western style fantasy is based off Dungeons & Dragons 1e and Wizardry (which was basically D&D without a license), and early Ultima.

Dex-chan lover
@Lichon @Kilryu
It's the same word actually. 旦那(read: danna) can mean husband, but can also be used to respectfully address someone. An English parallel would probably be the word "boss", which can mean someone's superior or be used to call someone somewhat respectfully.

Dex-chan lover
@CelticMutt
Yep, you are right on the money. It's even present on all Dragon Quest games, names as "Evac" or "Outside", depending on the game.

And to bring even more to the past, in World of Mana (Seiken Densetsu) games, being the first one from 91, the player could buy Escape Ropes from shops (while there's a Magic Rope in the second game that does the same). Also Angband, from 90 (never played this one, though).

And a lot more, as this is a common game trope.

This elf completely smashes the common stereotype of "Elf".
She is dirty, She smells, and she is Hungry all the time.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe people were complaining about this elf because she was grilling a materials collector about all the weird magic he was casting.

So much for the usual thing where elves believe they're superior beings and such, along with feeling dignified. She completely obliterates that. Sloppy, lazy, carefree, oblivious to a few things and gluttonous. For the sake of her race, I hope they aren't all like her in that world.

Dex-chan lover
lol the Poisoned status spread by contact.
That was funny. Without MC they probably wouldn't get out of there unscathed.

Users who are viewing this thread