SPY×FAMILY - Ch. 98

Fed-Kun's army
I was hopeful that the back story would have concluded in this chapter with our little matchmaker pledge to get them together.
I normally would not mind such detailed character development and elegant story, sadly there is no real progression for the main story or development for the main cast.
So genuinely worried that this Manga is ending up like all those other mangas that overstay it's welcome and progress everything but the main story and main cast.
Difference is between this and one like Komi-san is that these characters are much more interesting and overlap with one another than "One-Dimensional Character of the week". If they're going to get development it's going to relate to the overall plot and the situation the Forger family are going through.

Dex-chan lover
O8bcC7B.png

such an inelegant buffoon :pacman:
this is such a heavy chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Difference is between this and one like Komi-san is that these characters are much more interesting and overlap with one another than "One-Dimensional Character of the week". If they're going to get development it's going to relate to the overall plot and the situation the Forger family are going through.
For sure those characters are leagues ahead of the typical cash grab Manga with 1D characters like you said.

However I am not that convinced that those side characters and more specifically their devolpment is going to push the story forward. As I don't see twilight suddenly revealing his Identity to the school (ex)principal or the military complex is going to aid a foreign spy.

I am still hoping for those 2 to end up together even if it is this many years late

MD@Home
However I am not that convinced that those side characters and more specifically their devolpment is going to push the story forward. As I don't see twilight suddenly revealing his Identity to the school (ex)principal or the military complex is going to aid a foreign spy.
That's my impression as well, unfortunately. The author is a great storyteller, and can make even such seemingly unrelated chapters interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that the main storyline is not going anywhere. In fact, these chapters give the impression that the author would prefer to write about anything but the main story.

So genuinely worried that this Manga is ending up like all those other mangas that overstay it's welcome and progress everything but the main story and main cast.
You already feeling bored and wanting yuri know loid identity? Or anya obtaining more stars and finally loid talking to damian's father? or another end

Dex-chan lover
You already feeling bored and wanting yuri know loid identity? Or anya obtaining more stars and finally loid talking to damian's father? or another end
Any of what you said would bring the story forward. The problem here is the lack of progress. While the school admission arc was great and I do understand that you can't just continously have major changes. It has been far too long since then for the story progress, damian is still just in denial with his crush on Anya, loid and yor are very still don't know about each others identity - which is rich given how their targets overlap so much - or even WISE and the Garden are aware of this marriage.

Like we can get a whole arc regarding Anya tragic or funky background, and that would still not lead us anywhere. The story can continue after Loid have contact with Damien father. Be it the straggle to keep his family because his mission ends. Or it gets deeper and he really needs to bunker down and get into the weeds with that political group.

And don't get me started on how under untilized Yor is. Be it as person and mother to Anya, or as an assassin.

We sadly not going anywhere with the story.

Dex-chan lover
Any of what you said would bring the story forward. The problem here is the lack of progress. While the school admission arc was great and I do understand that you can't just continously have major changes. It has been far too long since then for the story progress, damian is still just in denial with his crush on Anya, loid and yor are very still don't know about each others identity - which is rich given how their targets overlap so much - or even WISE and the Garden are aware of this marriage.

Like we can get a whole arc regarding Anya tragic or funky background, and that would still not lead us anywhere. The story can continue after Loid have contact with Damien father. Be it the straggle to keep his family because his mission ends. Or it gets deeper and he really needs to bunker down and get into the weeds with that political group.

And don't get me started on how under untilized Yor is. Be it as person and mother to Anya, or as an assassin.

We sadly not going anywhere with the story.
When that Shueisha paycheck depends on keeping the main characters unchanged for an indefinite amount of time due to marketing reasons, the side characters end up being the only relief for an author’s storytelling impulses.

At least that’s what I’m assuming, maybe the author just hasn’t come up with a good design for an older Anya.

Dex-chan lover
When that Shueisha paycheck depends on keeping the main characters unchanged for an indefinite amount of time due to marketing reasons, the side characters end up being the only relief for an author’s storytelling impulses.
That is an interesting take for sure.
As I always thought it is the authors who decide to not touch the main cast. Like how Conan is.

At least that’s what I’m assuming, maybe the author just hasn’t come up with a good design for an older Anya.
Funny as I recall Anya is based on his older work that the girl is older. But could be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
young elegant sensei 's back-story is still continuing ?
i thought the previous chapter 97 was a finished one-shot , but it looks like this will be a long arc instead .

- ... henderson-sensei ...

- ... shihona-chan ...

page 12 :
- the other old sensei : yo , henry , you are still a virgin , right ? you should get a wife and lose your virginity , ASAP , before they dump you on the front lines of war , lol .

page 15 :
i guess the 8 stars , on her uniform , are stellar stars from the school .

Users who are viewing this thread