Star Martial God Technique

I'm gonna post my comment from OneScans's chapter 174 comment-section again, since it's possible it might get taken down one day.

Even as I don't have a huge stake in the game or interest on either side of these arguments personally, I can tell that there are clear issues on both sides.

@GoblinGuy is correct, in a sense, in his opinion on the ethics of profiteering on someone elses work. A unlicensed fan-translation has no rights to profit. Now if the scanlator had other products they sold that were completely their own... They don't even have that. Even their hoodies feature artwork that they don't own. Of course, we haven't got solid proof of them going up on a storefront, but the discord screencap is pretty telling.

Regarding upload frequency, it would've been nice if @ZeroMomo (or whoever else is in charge) admitted to their (minor) mistake of (allegedly) forgetting to upload the chapters instead of going on a witchhunt for OneScans' "sniping" of chapters. Even if it truly was a mistake, the delay shows a disregard for the majority of SMGT's reader-base (on MangaDex), and instead focusing on readers that pay them either attention or actual monetary donations (on their own website). ZeroScans might be "innocent" of this, but that's how it comes across to the rest of us. You leave us out by doing that, either intentionally or not. Regarding many of the other accusations that OneScans are laying out, some are out of context and unsubstantiated. Doesn't necessarily mean they are untrue, but behind them lies at least a shred of truth.

And then we have people like @CoolOtamegane, commenting utter nonsense, comparing this situation with something quite different like the Omanga case a couple of weeks ago - and then saying OneScans "have no right attacking others"... Have you heard about investigative journalism before? OneScans is shining a light on a subject and in fact, does not profit at all from this; how can you say he "has no right"? I'd love to hear an actual reason why OneScans is a "bad guy" in a situation where NOBODY OWNS THIS CONTENT, and instead tries to (a bit zealously perhaps) promote a more fair, ethical non-profit businessmodel, that honestly any unlicensed fan-translator or -scanlator should follow. Promoting their own original content or accepting donations is completely fine, as long as it has no impact on content that they do not own.

Lastly:
Of course, ZeroScans doesn't owe us readers on MangaDex on single cent or page, they can just stop whenever they like.
But as soon as they began uploading here on MangaDex and their own website, certain rules apply. Both locally (on the websites' rule pages), and legally. It's all or nothing, they can decide to delete all their chapters from MangaDex and gain no attention from readers here, or they can choose to withhold nothing. As rulse 3.2.6 says here on MangaDex:

3.2.6 Only partially uploading releases with the intention to lure users to your site for the other chapters is not allowed. Either upload all chapters, or don't upload any.

No honor among thieves. I remember when one scanlator got forced out of releasing lookism chapters because another group were entitled pricks who hated his upload speed being faster than theirs. Here is an idea, scanlate some series not being covered or were dropped. You don't find the next big hit by chasing what has been covered but going after was is waiting to be brought to the light.

Group Leader
Did the translators add it in or did the author literally copy a certain manga/webtoon's name

another work dropped by Mad Snail...

why didnt I check who was the author before starting it??? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Users who are viewing this thread