Starting Today, We’re Childhood Friends - Ch. 101 - Childhood Friend and Married Couple

Supporter
if they're moving up a year, is it common for the same teacher, versus a diff teacher per year/grade ? unless they're understaffed/smaller school and she qualifies to teach the next year up i guess it wouldn't matter too much
There are series (Kodomo no Jikan comes immediately to mind) where it's a major part of the story that homeroom teachers move up a year along with their classes (albeit with some level of change in the makeup of the class itself) and some where it happens but is mostly a background component (Class de 2-banme). It's it an IRL thing? Maybe sometimes, if it's enough of a trope to be employed in fiction.

Dex-chan lover
"Is this a childhood friend marital quarrel?"
Yup. 100%. You can't go back now.
Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
Mmm, this manga doesn't hesitate a second in promoting a traditional paternalistic social organization. I must admit it starts to annoy me a bit.
I think you are trying to say a normal relationship but it's okay, I understand your parents hate each others and they hate you most

Dex-chan lover
I think you are trying to say a normal relationship but it's okay, I understand your parents hate each others and they hate you most
Wow, I can't imagine how you reached that conclusion (which is completely wrong of course).
I'm just saying that the ideal couple here always seem to be the girl being serious, making food for the guy, while the later is unreliable and being pampered by his good wife, that kind of thing.
No need to go berserk and insulting, fellow.

Thanks for the translation.
Mmm, this manga doesn't hesitate a second in promoting a traditional paternalistic social organization. I must admit it starts to annoy me a bit.
h49qei.jpeg

A fucking 12 year old reddittor that has just learned some fancy words in the wild? WTF, we're so lucky to see this feared creature in the wild!

Dex-chan lover
Bold of you to assume that he had a real family with both parents and was not brought up by his single mum with day care and an iPad most of the time.
I'm 53, married for 28 years, have two adult daughters and two great parents who just celebrated their 60th year of marriage.
But I had a good laugh seeing you kids trying to sound like an intelligent adult.
Try harder next time.
Cheers,

I'm 53, married for 28 years, have two adult daughters and two great parents who just celebrated their 60th year of marriage.
But I had a good laugh seeing you kids trying to sound like an intelligent adult.
Try harder next time.
Cheers,
Yeah yeah larp harder little brat, is your happy family in the room with us right now? Lmfao you can cheers deez nuts in your face you stupid larping retard

Dex-chan lover
Wow, I can't imagine how you reached that conclusion (which is completely wrong of course).
I'm just saying that the ideal couple here always seem to be the girl being serious, making food for the guy, while the later is unreliable and being pampered by his good wife, that kind of thing.
No need to go berserk and insulting, fellow.
That's really wrong image, clearly coming from biased worldview, considering that in main couple the girl is the silly one being mentally pampered by her more stoic and reliable fake childhood friend who goes along with her silly make-believe games, and the second couple we meet, the "real" childhood friends, consist of two equally dumb tsundere kids who are very similar in behavior and attitude. The third, book club couple has older girl and younger guy, so it's no wonder girl looks more serious at first, but she's not pampering him at all. If anything, he's actually the more serious one, trying to keep the club going, while she's doesn't even want to expand it.

Basically, you've seen one out of four examples of couples that happen to have the guy as the less reliable one, and you've started your weird bullshit about "traditional values" and idiotic "paternalism" accusations. It's just kids doing the standard relationship scenarios, like kids usually do in real life, maybe more exaggerated typically for manga. They come in all kinds, even the "un-coupled" female friends range from silly to goofy to easygoing to mature and teasing. And guys also varied, from bookish proper type to average and more stoic to silly and goofy in "boyish" way.

Users who are viewing this thread