Story of a "Jobless" Champion and a Princess Who Together Find Their Happiness - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.2

Dex-chan lover
Hey guys, guys! Why can't people with trauma stop suffering from their trauma? They just need to get over it! It's easy, you just have to get over all the physical and emotional beatdowns you took in your life in less than a day!

How do you do that? Fuck if I know! I don't have the emotional maturity to understand the pain of others! Figure it out, losers!

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought the maid was bound to be super annoying, but it seems she has more going for her than just wacky tone-breaking randomness.

Dex-chan lover
This Richter fellow, who totally dirties the name, is 100% the instigator here. Had he simply wanted to meet with the princess' guest, he wouldn't have brought along the orc-goon platoon.
Yet here they are, spitting vitriol without even caring who hears it. He has nothing to say because he's trying to seem above it all, like a haughty villainess with her entourage- letting them do all the work so he can simply laugh off accountability.

Hell, he might even be a stand-up guy, normally. But, that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve that mop at this moment.

"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility: and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows." - Thomas Jefferson

I can see why she wants him, it is like to improve oneself by fighting oneself shows what that person is lacking then take it upon and make it better. Since he can copy anything and everything and trace it back and make improvements upon it on the fly is like the ultimate training dummy.

Dex-chan lover
They did realize that there were witnesses of them calling the royal princess "strange." That was lèse-majesté.

Richter clearly threw the door open and marched in with his goon squad trying to store up trouble. He may not have done the actual insulting, but those are his people and their words/actions are probably indicative of what they’re usually like.

The fact that Richter has a goon squad wandering around the castle means he’s probably important on some level. And in a class-structured society (on multiple levels, both jobs and noble ranking), the bottom-tier MC is probably used to having to acquiesce to the demands of others. Thus, he answers their question without thinking, because he’s conditioned to do so in order to avoid more trouble. On one hand, the MC doesn’t want his actions to reflect poorly on his new benefactor; but once Richter’s goons direct their insults toward said benefactor, all bets are off.

Meanwhile, I’m sure Krona knows exactly who Richter is, and is stepping in before the MC gets himself into trouble. It probably also means that she’s come to expect this kind of behavior from both Richter and his entourage, thus she holds him—their ringleader—responsible and gives him a mop to the face.

@idc_sao Those are his guys badmouthing the princess, thus he still bares the responsibility for their behaviour so mop to the face it is xd

I don't get it, why doesn't he just keep quiet about his profession and just let his skills do the talking???

Double-page supporter
you're supposed to mop the floor with their faces, not just mop their faces D:

Dex-chan lover
That's it Krona is my favourite character in this series.

Edit:
@SDRice: he did and look what happened with his champion title.

Users who are viewing this thread