Story of a "Jobless" Champion and a Princess Who Together Find Their Happiness

Dex-chan lover
I don't care much for main characters that do nothing to push forward the plot and just let the plot happen to them. This is just a fine read, so I'll keep it bookmarked, but it's quite disappointing for what it could be.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so this is what it’s like from a girl getting picked up by a master’s POV: Wealthy person picks you up using basic common sense and human kindness, and you reward that person by being dedicated to them for life, using your obviously overpowered ability to wreak shit, despite whatever stupid societal stigma the plot forces you to have.

Actually, I guess there are plenty of stories where guys fill this role too.

>Corona comes in from the window.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here that I'm not so sure I like.

posts a chapter 3 months ago but when a group picks it up they just release a lots of chapter one after another

kek

Can someone enlighten me why GD Scans left this for months after uploading the prologue but then uploads the following chapters so quickly when the other group uploaded it?

@shutooo @wendell09 Most likely because the teaser was just that, a way to attract readers/interest before the actual story went into print, GD Scans probably didn't even have chapters to work with until a week or 2 ago.

A fantasy story with a male MC that isnt a harem or some uber edgy revenge plot? This is madness! The last time i saw thos happen was The Strange Adventure of a Broke Mercenary, and i welcome it with open arms. Hopefully the plot is well executed as time goes on, we'll see.

Fed-Kun's army
Y'know, as tropey as it is, at least the reason he got booted from his first job makes sense.
If you're going to watch gladiators fight or whatever, that's a gimmick that's only cool the first couple times, then it just gets boring as hell.
Maybe it was the only place that would hire him at first, but as soon as he started winning fights and made an impression he shoulda tried to switch to being a mercenary or something instead of staying in the career where constantly beating everyone in the most uninteresting way possible is gonna make the audience hate you.

Then he traveled to get away from his bad reputation there, but once you're in a new place it's not like anyone has any reason to think you're special and the people going by the "well he has no class so he must be useless" makes sense - he hasn't done anything that would disprove that, and yeah it's because they won't give him a chance, but why should they unless they're a weirdo princess that's willing to challenge stinky strangers to fights?

It is a tired and overused trope but it's also nice to see when usually shitty tropes are executed well.

@Anonyan I assume that he can't when [Mercenary] is already a profession. I mean, would you rather hire a guy whose skills center around mercenary work or a guy who doesn't? At best, he could probably only take shady jobs like the 500k one from Ch. 1, which is more trouble than it's worth. Plus, mercenary work isn't the most stable job.

Dex-chan lover
@shutooo my guess is that the first translation team already had this chapter translation ready, something could have made them put this story as a low priority and seeing another group taking it up made them want to restart working on it or at least finish the chapters they had started.
"Sniping" a serie should be fine after some months, and is a waste when 2 teams fight to translate the same manga, when I see 5 groups putting out a "Solo Levelling" new release one after the other I really get annoyed.

The question now is the first group will continue the job or just wanted to release the chapters they had? the new group will continue or think that the previous team took it back? Worst case both forget about it.

Users who are viewing this thread