Streamlined update feed please

MD@Home
Hello,

I can see little use for how the Updates feed for subscribed items currently works. In particular, putting so much emphasis on the release date provides for more confusion and clutter than I see a benefit in it.

Suppose I have a number of manga subscriptions, some with more frequent releases, some with less frequent ones. Now, going through the lists and pages of newly released chapters, the updates for the titles with more frequent updates keep popping up in the list again and again, bloating the list for no discernible benefit. "Oh, today I see title A with new chapters 9, 8, 7, and 6. Then a new chapter of title B. Oh, and again title A, with new chapters 8, 7, and 6. Then a new chapter of title C. And once more, title A, with new chapters 7 and 6"

This is not helpful. It easily buries the new chapter by some title D which has a very much slower release cycle under tons and tons of redundant update listings, bloating the whole Updates feed and making it unnecessarily unwieldy. I would very much prefer an Updates feed that ONLY sorted by their subscribed titles' respective latest update, without intermediate listings for previous updates to the same title, possibly even sorted by the latest unread chapter, by list of selected languages to view.

Thanks.

Upvote 2
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Seems to be related to https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...guage-to-make-the-sort-more-accurate.1199758/

Because i can't see you asking for is essentially adv search > set to 'latest upload' but filtered to only titles that is in your follows, because an update in any language would send it to the top, and sure that'd be fine for people that don't have any language filters but if you do.. you'd just see a bunch of updated titles but with no actual new chapters (in your chosen languages)

But yeah.. you're asking for a updates page for titles rather than chapters

MD@Home
I suppose so, as, given how the Follows > Reading doesn't have any sorting whatsoever, nor any filtering for that matter, the use case still drives me to the Updates view.
Anyhow, I shan't lapse into unqualified speculations as to the feasibility of implementation, so I'll leave it at conveying only as much as "As a user, this is how I use it, this is how it currently hinders itself from being as helpful as it could be, and if you'd have anything in planning or even just consideration of addressing this shortcoming favourably, I (too) would like this very much".

Users who are viewing this thread