Suijin no Hanayome

Not to be rude but this was just so boring....... the characters and art and story were just okay.. every conflict felt really sudden and random...

http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/suijin_no_hanayome/

Okay so idk how they got these but I read the rest here and cried my eyeballs out of the sockets 🤗🤗🤗

holy crap. this was so good! I didn't expect the ending... but I should've known there was gonna be a twist/huge reveal based off the mangaka's older manga, "reimei no arcana" O: im so shook. I do admit that many of her works are a bit like "oh there's this problem" then "this is how you fix it!" but it's not too cliche and still a good read. It IS shoujo so it does kind of cater toward an easy-reading audience... but many of her works become dark enough if you understand as well!

aaaahhh is anyone ever gonna finish the translation for this? i finished reading all the translated chapters like 2 years ago, and came back today and it's still not finished :/ i'm reluctant to buy the rest of the volumes but I guess that's the best option.

goddamit, i speedrun the firsts chapters to see what this was about.... i dont read this genre you know.... but i got hooked and then reached the last available chapter and aaaaa f*ck
yeah, 9/10 i need more i read half the bubbles of the first chapter and now im seriously thinking about rereading it

Damn this one would be a masterpiece if only the length was longer with no rush and better explanation. But still, it was good and worth reading.

Is this where the kdrama bride of habaek or bride of the water god got inspiration. Was that kdrama an adaptation of this????

Contributor
I'm a sucker for time-travel romance, but this is like an inferior version of Inuyasha or the Korean manhwa Bride of the Water god. Or Ouke no monshou, or Red River, or Hakuranaru toki no naka de, or... Basically any I've read. I did buy the whole thing on Kindle (mostly out of guilt for reading the scans, NOT out of liking it,) but... It just doesn't stick with you. I read it like last month or the month before, and can't remember the name of a single main character.

Also the male lead is toxic even by "historical jerk must learn modern ways from the heroine" trope standards. Stealing her VOICE-? For YEARS? REALLY? Considering that the "ancient Japanese time travel romance" genre at this point is pretty much dominated by thinly-disguised Inuyasha fanfics, it's worth noting that in that series, even one of the villains healed a selectively-mute girl who'd helped him (and then remained a murderous villain for twenty-odd more volumes.) (Nobody's perfect.) I feel like the author saw the drama potential in that (oh kawaii SHE CAN"T TALK how drama and SAD uwu) that and missed how cruel and dehumanizing it was.

Dex-chan lover
lame writing, plenty of mary sue shit, but you have to appreciate the honest female demon rape fantasy thing.

and no it's not "toxic" it's every man's dream to be able to mute his wife lol

Users who are viewing this thread