Summoned Japan - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Diversion Strategy

Dex-chan lover
Now this is how you build up interest for a fight with the last boss (country).

@RyoukoKonpaku To be honest, Japan and another isekai-ed nation in this series are basically wildcards (there are 3 isekai-ed nations, but the first one that was isekai-ed is a tier 1 civilization), but Japan is still the most technologically advanced. And about the advanced ancient magic civilization all I can say it's that if you play Stellaris, or at least know how it works that lost civilization is basically a mid-late game crisis event

And as a little add-on, Japan basically spawned in, what that world calls as, an uncivilized area and pretty far away from the real great powers, so that's why things are looking underdeveloped

P.S: I don't consider what I said as a spoiler because I didn't tell whose nations I'm talking about aside from Japan

Yeah, that shield is something right out of Captain America ... not only is hard enough to not even get a dent from bullets, but it also absorved the bullets energy almost entirely ( otherwise the guy would eat a faceful of hard shield in the face everytime he got hit ). Not your ordinary steel sheet, for sure.

Fed-Kun's army
@BlueHill yes ofc i mean thicker^^ and there is a limit where nothing goes through it^^ and they still dont know the power of a mg^^ they probably think in some measurements like amor piercing crossbow bolts and there a heavy shield would work

Dex-chan lover
They speak of the AH-64 Apache, but all I see are AH-1 Cobras. I wanted to see the apache. I am sad.

ah the interpretation of a literature work, it's sad to see either Minorou sensei and/or Takano sensei is not well versed in medieval tactical movements, and does some artistic freedom to convey the story, but ends up kinda break the immersion seeing the tactic doesn't make sense.

it is kinda the pattern in the LN that the isekai countries is grossly underestimated japan just because it is summoned in the uncivilized area.
Its kinda understandable esp for people back in the medieval ages, if they have been winning wars for the last several decades using their routine, when an unknown enemy appear. the first thing they can rely on is their trusted routine.

Even if the tactician could think of revolutionary strategy the common grunt on the ground basically only trained and can only do the same old routine that they have been doing for years.

Dex-chan lover
I feel bad for the Wyvern... It saved it's rider once only to have him fly it out against an attack helicopter...

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1
not only is hard enough to not even get a dent from bullets, but it also absorved the bullets energy almost entirely ( otherwise the guy would eat a faceful of hard shield in the face everytime he got hit

Eh, the shield is curved and held at a slight angle, and he's heavily bracing against it with a solid grip. Assuming .50 machine gun each bullet is 46 g and starts out at about 2900 feet per second, meaning the bullets that actually hit him have at most 1165 joules to impart (but probably a bit less due to air resistance etc.)
So even before we start figuring out deflection from angles, the force per bullet is less than a full tackle in American Football. Now, he's probably taking more bullets than one, so him straining considerably like he does on the picture is fair, but with his grip and stance he's still only being battered, no magical metal needed. (Now, if they could reliably firehose just him at that distance, they might be able to wear him out, but that'd be waste of ammo. Plus now they wanted the shield, since compared to all the other shields, it kinda is 'magical metal' ;)
(And yea, if they'd have been stupid enough to make a flat shield, it'd have been magical metal to hold up that well to begin with.)

Dex-chan lover
This is such a stupid mental masturbation for the Japanese technologically superior military. What's next? Nukes vs neanderthals?

That Magi-Empire is interesting, seems like a futuristic civilization. Like damn that shield held its own...

Dex-chan lover
@AzurLux

Ah, you ain't see nothing yet. Ch. 18 will focused on one of its creations. Also, some of the weapons the Ravernal Empire possess is easily countered by Japan's science and mechanical technology

Dex-chan lover
Page 8 was really cool it actually made me root for the knight

Users who are viewing this thread