Supporting Villainess's Survival Diary

Group Leader
@doggo__IZ @CardiBSlays
idk i still feel like adoptive siblings (or ones who think of each other as such) are and should be considered real siblings even if not genetically related cause otherwise that’s saying that adoptive children aren’t their parents “real” child. imo it still feels like a weirdass setting / plot point and makes me squeamish esp as someone whose cousin is adopted. he’s still my real cousin even if we’re not genetically related and i wouldn’t want him to doubt that at all.
and that they call each other brother/sister in their thoughts and simultaneously have romantic kinds of thoughts... i interpret it as inc*st, though i get why some people may write it off. to me it still counts 🤧 and at the very least makes me uncomfortable.
i got thru several chapters assuming they weren’t genetically (even tho it had said the half-father bit, idk if that gets confirmed later to not be true but i gave it the benefit of the doubt) but the combination of in the same breath going from platonic to romantic and just the idea of adoptive siblings not being “real siblings” ... hhhh
y’all are welcome to read it but to anyone like me who gets rly uncomfortable w this kind of thing… hope my comment can act as a warning

@calvitre Well, I would understand if they grew up together (meaning mentally as a child to that of an adult) but they actually didn't. They both were adults in a child body so, they couldn't view each other as siblings since they know they aren't blood related (altho idk if the mc knows that her dad is the servant, since she seems so clueless about a world she should know. Ik she knows they not blood related tho). So yeah, bc their minds were never that of a kid and knew they aren't related, it's understandable viewing each other as romantic interests. At least to me. I would also find it weird if they grew up together as a child.

if yall are really having PARAGRAPHS of arguments on the technicalities of if this is incest in the comments, i think the incest tag is necessary.

for the sake of readers that want to avoid these type of story tropes for whatever reasons, better to keep it on than take it off.

my personal opinion:
being raised together under the guise of a familial relationship from a young age and later on being romantically involved 100% meets the definition of incest.

@uvogin I agree with you, however, this isn’t like that. They were not raised together from a young age because their minds were already that of an adult but in a child’s body. So their character was already formed and they already passed puberty. Everything has to associate with the brain’s age rather than the body. Also, it shouldn’t have an incest tag if it’s not incest. Incest is specifically for blood-related family members get together, not non-blood related.

Group Leader
There's also the fact that she was reincarnated into this world which makes it... not incest?

son of a B another cliff hanger for reals tho noooooo well I guess I'll just have to wait another f**ing week or so

Gosh, this whole story is just *so interesting*. There’s nothing that stays cliche! You think you see the pattern and then it twists just enough that you’re not sure anymore. It’s great!

I like the plot twists because then I can put it a bit of physics and think of the possible dimensions intertwining with one another and bringing one soul to replace another O_O

@uvogin I would agree without if they got the mind of kids and accept one another as siblings. We can see during the story, they are both adults in their mind and only share the same family name. both parent were cheaters and lied to one another and got kids with different people LOL

Boy does this story deliver on the what-the-f*cks per chapter. It's a cliche isekai villainess, but no it's an isekai incest, but no it's a demon-fighting shonen, but no it's a mythological political thriller, but no it's a reincarnation romance, and each time you just go "Oh, yeah, everything makes perfect sense now." It's like Promised Orchid started doing lines of cocaine and you got invited to the party. I have no idea what's going on, but I do know I'm having a good time!

By far... Im confuse.... First... What happen to elios? Why is his hair became black? And bacame social! Second... How did a non-fatasy genre became fantasy genre? Third... Are they dreaming or are they been transported somewhere!? My goodness!

@Morbideus The story was already fantasy to begin with, with Eliot being a god and everything. I believe that he is unconscious or something and The dragon God (I forgot his name) took over his body ( and dyed his hair black) because Elios had saved part of his soul in his body when the Dragon God died. They’re inside a dream world that’s showing events in the past, but it seems more like they’re transported to the past. It’s not exactly clear but it’s still called a dream world.

Double-page supporter
@calvitre I assume, legally they are half-siblings, Nyuget's mom put legal husband as father on birth certificate, when in actuality they are step-siblings. In the eye of the law, they are blood-related but the divisiveness from people is step-siblings don't hold any affinity and aren't considered related legally unless at least one is adopted by the step-parent and is thus considered the same as being blood related, Nyuget technically was adopted by the legal husband. I doubt Nyuget's mom adopted Elios though. So yeah, it is legally considered incest. It is just most people assume there is some form of consanguinity going on when they hear the word. Also people need to learn just cause they aren't blood-related doesn't make it less creepy. Another issue is Elios clearly doesn't see Nyuget as a sister he just keeps up the act to make Nyuget happy, while Nyuget sees him as a brother.

If they were only step-siblings this wouldn't be an issue, plus they met after what is considered a crucial attachment forming period for children.

@doggo__IZ
The officie eng Webtoon stopped updating so I was wondering what happened, turns out the artist left the company? Did they remove the viet comic too? Can't find it in the raws link

Users who are viewing this thread