Surviving as a Maid

@Nerderey I agree that whether the series itself is homophobic is somewhat of a concern, though I didn't want to jump to conclusions too quickly. After all not all the gays are villains, and we can't be sure yet that all the villains are gay. And, I find the much despised power couple interesting to read about, there seems to be some mystery involved. Yurgel, as nasty and devilish his character appears, is also cunning. I want to find out what he really thinks and what he is plotting.

I'm just baffled at the low rating since I've read and seen a lot of super trashy comics and this doesn't come even close. Like not at all. Beatiful art, good plot (maybe?), and so far nothing too distasteful and offensive.

I genuinely don't understand why this series has such a low rating. Yes, it's kind of slow burn, (but the story is picking up pace a little bit.) but besides that, it's overall a decent (leaning more towards the excellent side) story. I'm honestly pumped to see how this webcomic progresses since I have an idea who the ML is
CK: the general's initials and secret scans credit page haha
and the fact that Yurgel is such a cunning villain.
On the topic of the homophobia in this webcomic, look, I know where you're coming from. But, don't dig too deep into it and expose hidden intentions that aren't there. By chance, by the author's wish, the main power couple turned out to be Yurgel and Evans. They just happened to be villains for the sake of the story. You have every right to give this webcomic a 1, but also consider that not all the homosexuals in the story are villains.
Mio for one, although I'm not sure if his love interest will change
Thank you so much for the translations. As always, I appreciate the high-quality translations and redraws.

You may be wondering why so many people gave this a low rating.
I'll tell you it's probably because
they know the ending is trash

Oh, so more than 80 persons rated this series 1 because of some spoiler, and not because they read the story so far but didn't like it? Wow, what an explanation.

Just read the spoilers and...
The ending just feels so realistic but at the same time as a story it feels so pointless to read.Its realistic since she is merely surviving she isnt OP and is just a normal 20 year old girl trying to survive in a foreign world.However,she also has a happy reverse harem and ends up with the Duke,red hair blue eyes man,but she decides to return home,apparently she engaged to mage and Duke???.In a sense its realistic because in that span of time she cant forget her 'real' world she is from and when given an opportunity she will go back.This ending feels realistic to what most people will do but personally it makes the story feel stale.Like what was the point of the entire story if you were going to return home???It feels dumb to read.However I would have excused all of this if everyone had a happy ending like they all had justice or she happily left her lover or had no lover BUT NOOOO.The freaking queen dies with no justice against the two scumbags and those piles of trashes have no consequences after them,the queen dies and mc leaves her lover in this world to go back so the ending is unsatisfactory because nothing happened it's like if mc wasnt here the exact same thing would have happened minus her reverse harem and love with Duke.

All these people rating this story poorly because the ending is supposedly trash. Seriously? This is an adaptation, and one that’s still ongoing, we have yet to know how faithfully it will stick to the original. And I for one love this story for what it is as of right now. Sure, if the ending plays out the same as in the novel, then yeah, I can see that as being pretty disappointed. But, as any one who understands what adaptation means, due to the change in media, from a purely word based story to a comic (manga), certain changes have to be made to the original story in order to better fit the new format. Sometimes this works in our favour, sometimes not. We might miss the in workings of a character’s mind that the original author went to great lengths to describe, something too lengthy to be properly shown with pictures and a few thought bubbles. We might get a dazzling representation of scene in one panel that took a whole paragraph to describe and so on and so forth. Therefore, to all those people so eager to rate this story poorly. Try rating it based on what it is now, not on what it might become in the future.

I like the story so far. Is the rating because except for the main character, everyone are trash humans?

Yeet so I didn’t like the story to begin with ... I didn’t know that excessive BL could be so darn Annoying, but I held it out for the FL! anybody reading half way don’t give up!

Contributor
...Occasionally this grates me the wrong way, what with the gay romance being the root of all evil in the story. (Like the theoretical BL novel she's been shoved in... what kind of super-twisted story is it supposed to be, even?). Getting incidental flashbacks to the bad old days when all gay characters were required to be tragic or possessed by evil impulses or both.

I do on the balance think it's just incidentally that way and not homophobic as such. Even if I did wonder near the beginning whether the author was, at least, distinctly not a BL fan, or a particularly disillusioned-feeling one. XD

Having said all that, it's been actually quite good so far, I'd say. Focus has been a little less on the fracas that is the plot, and a little more on the protagonist's experiences coping with it all as a human being. It seems to handle that well.

Oof after reading the comments, I’m indecisive in reading this because of how it potentially had been stemmed from homophobia. Reminds me of the Duchess with an Empty Soul :/

I don't think the story itself is homophobia, just the main couple, which is MxM, are full of BS. And some side characters are also just full of BS as well. I think the story is pretty interesting consider it didn't go with the same old cliches.

after reading the spoilers, i stuck this on my watch list. good to know that the antagonist (? i hesitate to include evans, considering what happened, but also considering the fact that he knew... i guess it would be antagonists? with the concubine as the main?) being gay has absolutely nothing to do with the end result. looking forward to future translations!

I might continue to read this when I have fully accepted the truth. XD
Knowing the Queen dies, I stopped reading. I know, I know I could have just take a chance in reading it. But, there's no way I'm gonna continue to read it when I see my favorite character dies in the end, which I think is pretty realistic..... T_T

Users who are viewing this thread