Tabako-chan

Double-page supporter
God, I wish there were lolis in my cigarette smoke. At least that would be a damn good excuse for the lung cancer I'm inevitably gonna get.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, now I know why my dad never came back after he left for cigarettes.

Double-page supporter
This is the worst PSA I've ever seen

Edit after 6 chapters: I take it back, this is surprisingly unnerving.

How long before Lung-cancer-chan comes out?

(also hope this author isn't being literally paid by the Japan Tobacco International to make this stuff)

Dex-chan lover
Fun moemorphism concept. Doesn't deserve all those 1/10s. Ratings here have now become as useless as MAL ones.

I think it's a great metaphor for addiction. And you don't have to be a smoker to enjoy it. I have dead in my family from smoking and can't stand the stuff myself.

But it doesn't mean I can't appreciate this expression. And I think the metaphor used for the smoke goes both ways. We surround ourselves so much with lovable blobs of moe, virtual hugs, and happy but fictional feels that are wonderful but not the same as living in the first person. And taken to an excess it just becomes escapism and is looked down on often times the same way smoking is. Conveniently packaged happiness.

Contributor
Fort some reason, I think I will be scared if there is a marijuana chapter...

There's some joke lost in translation here, since tabako would be usually written タバコ (katakana, it's a borrowing), and here it's written たば子 - in hiragana and kanji, as if it was a native word. 子 (ko, child) in special is often found in female names.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole manga started because the author thought it would be fun to interpret tabako as "bundle child".

Dex-chan lover
Only saw the title load and I was joking in my head about the topic and it turns out it really is a cigarette girl manga. Sad you can just guess these days

Every now and again I think "surely Japan has run out of things to moe-tize into a young girl", and each any every time they prove me dead wrong.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not into cigarette company propaganda, but I think I can manage something with a nopan loli on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread