Takarakuji de 40 oku Atatta ndakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Building the water mill

Dex-chan lover
on a quick google search, it says forest fires can cause clouds that rain, but it can also cause clouds that just have lightning and cause more fires. i kind of doubt 1 bonfire is enough to affect the weather.

also the premise of this series is a little meh, guy is spending money on strangers because he saw a pretty girl? spent 5 million + 5 million yen on the water wheel, which is like ~100 thousand dollars, 0.25% of his winnings. So he can do something like this 400x before he uses up his 4 billion yen. maybe the plot will get more interesting.

Aggregator gang
fire causing rain is actually only a thing in regions with hight humidity
and if it has hight humidity than there is also rain nonetheless

Dex-chan lover
"thanks to this tool called Shovel."
I know Isekai authors usually make societies they are ported into stupider or malformed technologically in some way than they should be (plus food related things), but this is the first time I've seen one say a farming society doesn't have 'shovel technology'. Hopefully it was a translation issue and it was supposed to say, "Thanks to shovels this well made" or this advanced design or something.

Dex-chan lover
@Moridin69 You should see all the types of "shovels" that have existed throughout time. The spade and shovels like that are a newer technology. There was a time that we had shovels that were like what we have today but they were very expensive to have made of metal so they were carved of wood. They have to be somewhat thin to be optimal otherwise they'd be heavy with wood. So they weren't that strong. Then there were those who used wok like pans, which couldn't be used like a normal shovel and is more back breaking. Having a steel extruded shovel with a strong handle would be as valuable as an axe, fish hook and hammer

Dex-chan lover
@liquidxlax
oh i agree. when I was writing up the complaint, I looked up shovels on wikipedia, read abit about the evolution (didn't want to complain and then find out shovels hadn't been invented until 1500 or something). Pretty interesting. And you are right, I didn't really think about the materials, which would certainly be awesome for them (nevermind the ergonomic improved design).

My complaint was really about the word choice / translation. If Luke Skywalker jumped into my backyard while I was trying to dig a trench and gave me a lightsaber shovel, I wouldn't compliment it with "this was easy thanks to this thing called Shovel!", it would be more along the lines of "this is an amazing shovel, so much better than any I've ever used/seen/etc". I just thought it was funny, because it was worded was like a spade / shovel-like tool was a new concept 😁

Double-page supporter
@xakirax That's pretty much bullshit. As others pointed out, you'd need a pretty humid area for this to happen, but then it's going to rain anyway.
Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt. To combat even a minor drought it needs to rain multiple days straight, else the rainwater is just going to evaporate again.

Contributor
Well, he's acting like a fool who just won the lottery all right—spending money like water to get things done faster, without a real solid reason for it, possibly just for the satisfaction...?

I love how the convenience and hardware store folks increasingly think he's a wacko, though.

He is definitely going to spend all his lottery money expediting big projects like this.

It only took only one chapter for my suspicions to be confirmed lmao. This guy is going to be broke within a year with how irrationally he's throwing money at this village. I don't really have a problem with the idea of the bonfire causing it to rain; after all, energy drinks are cure-alls in this world somehow. Maybe he'll turn out to be an unknowing God in this world and his wishes are fulfilled as divine action.

The bigger problem I have is that he's giving away advanced technology that this world can't maintain or create on their own yet. As soon as those tools break they're useless and the village will go back to how they used to farm and live. All the "progress" he thinks is being made will be washed away as soon as that happens.

Dex-chan lover
Don't worry about him being broke, all your logic will be yeeted out the window with the protection of plot armor.

Thinking would only stress you out.

Uhh, so you have money? BUT YOU FREAKIN HIDE IN THE MOUNTAINS SO YOU CAN EVADE DONATING TO CHARITIES???! Yet look where you end up to anyway!!!??? AND THE PEOPLE ARE FREAKIN STRANGERRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! JUST SPEND YOUR MONEY ON BRAIN TRANSPLANT!

Users who are viewing this thread