Tale of a Girl and a Delinquent Who's Bad with Women

Dex-chan lover
I've really come to hate this trend for titles that are generic descriptions referring to the characters as their generic types. It's like they're saying "We don't care if the characters are cardboard, we have no intention of giving them specific identities".
But I like this anyway. Too cute to hate.

I went into this fully expecting to stop reading after like, two pages (because there's five million series out there that have cute covers but then are weird pedophilia bs). I'm happy that this manages to be really cute and not weird.

Double-page supporter
Pedobait but I'm the one who got baited
...wAIT A MINU-

It may not be very good per se, but it is worth it if you like pure cute fluff. And so far it actually advances.

This is actually pretty good. It's cute as hell, the characters are interesting enough, and relationship progress actually happens, even if gradually. It's nice to see a romance where the characters aren't totally oblivious and passive as well.

While I originally started this manga thinking it was cute, I've grown increasingly dissatisfied with each chapter. The short version is;
The author has this "Tell, don't show" mindset where instead of letting readers infer things from the interactions, he instead has to put "He's a delinquent who's awkward with women and she's a high school girl who looks like a child" 20 times a chapter.

The long version:
We're constantly told that "the protagonist is a delinquent who is awkward around women" but only the latter half has any impact on the story. Every page, "He's a delinquent" is thrown in somewhere but he never ACTS like a delinquent; he just feels like a shy, sensitive teen boy. I see a delinquent as more violent, antisocial, using anger to hide embarassment, and so forth, but we never SEE any typical delinquent behavior from him. I'm admittedly pretty biased and have a soft spot for delinquent protagonists who contrast their rugged, rude behavior with sensitive or other gentle hobbies or desires/hopes. Honestly, if the author completely dropped the "he's a delinquent" aspect of the story and just made him a "normal guy who's awkward with women" I probably wouldn't have minded it so much. That, and the fact that author feels obligated to declare "He's delinquent who's awkward with women and she's a high school girl who looks like a child" every goddamn page honestly is really annoying.

Also please delete the other version, I messed up and posted the same comment twice instead of editing.

Users who are viewing this thread