Tales of Demons and Gods

@DiabolicalHaterAnonx Because their deal involves them hosting it almost exclusively through someone else's mobile app and were forced to work to take down all other copies of it. I doubt that at this point that they are even allowed to host it on their own website if they had one. And, absolutely do not forget about the fact that Qidian is involved in all of this.

Group Leader
@klkevinkl After that last statement, I'm honestly assuming you are trolling lmao, but regardless, for the sake of clarity and people who will read this comment section in the future, I'll clear it up.

If he signed a deal which states that, (which you obviously don't know, considering you haven't read the contract) that's not him being threatened, that's him making a willing decision to sign such contract and then following through with the requirements.

Hatigarm does have a website, and he is allowed to host the chapters there as part of the compensation for his editing and translating service. Mangadex doesn't benefit absolutely anybody in the creative process. It doesn't benefit the creators themselves, it doesn't benefit the publishers and it doesn't benefit scanlators, having said that, why would anybody go out of their own way to make a deal which in fact harms the creators and upload to a third party website and even better question, why would they (mangatoon) agree to it? It's only natural that it's removed from Mangadex. And even Mangadex rules don't allow official rips.

That said, I'm speaking from experience as I signed a similar deal for The Last Human. Not having read Hatigarms contract, he should clarify it himself if he cares to, but in mine, I don't have permission to upload to third-party websites. Just our own. And even if that wasn't the case, the right thing to do is remove it when the official version which supports the creators becomes available.

Group Leader
Anon is correct, I am allowed to upload on my website as per the deal allows. I can confirm everything that anon said is correct.

@DiabolicalHaterAnonx Because the person working the translation has the benefit of being able to host it on their own site where they can benefit from ad revenue or whatever crowdfunding platform they use. This is rather rare when it comes to most translations and they are often forced onto the a platform where they become dependent on the platform holder with very unfavorable terms.

As it stands, only the first twenty chapters works on the PC platform and the rest are locked onto the mobile app. They literally pulled 200+ chapters of what was already released and locked it behind a mobile app.

Group Leader
@Klkevinkl
this is rather rare when it comes to most translations and they are often forced onto the a platform where they become dependent on the platform holder with very unfavorable terms.
You sure are throwing words such as "forced" or "threatened" lightly. Nobody is forcing them to sign the deals, just like nobody is forcing you to make these absolutely stupid and blatant unresearched lies.

As you brought Qidian up earlier, I assumed you were joking, because that's how surreal and misplaced your statement was to me. I'll take them into example. Telling somebody who doesn't have license, nor authorization of any sort to cease and desist, and then offering them a job, despite the fact that they've committed insane amounts of the monetary damage is not forcing them to do anything. If anything that's being generous. Nobody forced them to compete with low Chinese wages, they did it out of their own volition and they resumed doing what they like legally, as opposed to illegally. They could have easily walked away and not signed any deal. No offense, but you seem like the type of person who screams rape when somebody looks at you the wrong way.

Now, to move on to your second point.
As it stands, only the first twenty chapters works on the PC platform and the rest are locked onto the mobile app. They literally pulled 200+ chapters of what was already released and locked it behind a mobile app.

And can you elaborate why are you trying to make that sound like a bad thing? Do you think the creators of this work shouldn't be paid? Mangatoon the party which obtained the rights to this purchased the chapters from Hatigarm, which means, they now own those chapters and they are being sold on their app, % of the sales goes to the creators. Like I've said many times before, scanlation is not supposed to be a free pass to licensed content. There really is no need to bring IFs here, considering that the information has already been provided by the party who signed the contract.

At the end of the day, your only issue is that you can't pirate it on your most convenient platform anymore.

Group Leader
@Klkevinkl
Because the person working the translation has the benefit of being able to host it on their own site where they can benefit from ad revenue or whatever crowdfunding platform they use.

So you are saying as opposed to supporting the author, having the group doing it officially earn money for it, and you not being able to pay a couple of cents to read a single chapter, you would rather pirate it.

I have no idea what is going on with this there is just so much in the comments and not an easily found answer, all I can tell is something about pay walls and almost all the chapters being removed. if someone can give a clear explanation to the exact thing that happened that would be wonderful.

MangaDex tries to respect the teams, but more and more of them are just killing it by removing their content from it...

Other site aren't as tactful as MangaDex, those sites who doesn't respect, have every series, they will be the ones who benefit from it.

Shame, MangaDex was good.

@ledondon in this case other sites that still post it are in legal danger though, which mangadex is trying to avoid.
The series was picked up by an official publisher. It's still up in hatigarm's site because of their agreement with the publisher since they're doing contract work to continue doing work for them instead.

Fed-Kun's army
Please dont blame Hatigarm from pulling it from Mangadex, they didnt have much choice in that matter. It was either do the official translation of TDG or they would have to stop translating it because otherwise they would get in legal troubles. It is still avaible on their site, you arent forced to go to the official site if you do not like it there.

Users who are viewing this thread