Tales of Demons and Gods

Group Leader
Binge read everything. Love it so far - except that MC is way to OP,
he basicly has a cheat inventory with unlimited items.

Dex-chan lover
Oddly enough, this story has repeatedly given me flashbacks to The Count of Monte Cristo in the way the MC handles things and that makes me very happy.

Why are the current chapters missing since some hours?
Yesterday everything was up.

The One
Staff
Admin
Hatigarm removed all chapters. Since those are contracted by the official publisher.

You can read it on https://mangatoon.mobi/en/detail/5

Ugh... Fucking hate that bullshit garbage mangatoon site. Its a fucking cancer. Garbage ass google translate quality shit -- and the nerve to charge for it. At least if they had decent quality l'd be happy to pay.
Oh well. Time to drop, wait or read elsewhere.

Group Leader
@Happily_Grim But, Lymus just told you that Hatigarms chapters are contracted by Mangatoon. Which means you get Hatigarm quality on Mangatoon, besides you can also read it on Hatigarms website as he has permission to upload it there as part of the compensation for his services, Hatigarm will be doing it in the future for Mangatoon. If you do buy chapters on Mangatoon though, creators get a portion of it. If you hate Mangatoon for their quality, why not show support when they make such decisions as to hire scanlators whose quality you do in fact like? They're going out of their way to pay more for better quality.

Edited for Clarification.

Group Leader
@Hapilly_Grim https://mangadex.org/thread/2098/12/#post_699185

You can also compare the Mangatoon version with Hatigarms version if you need further confirmation. Or head to their discord to read the announcement.

@DiabolicalHaterAnonX

I 'm sure you have better things to do than lie so I believe you. I appreciate the heads up as well. It's just semantics but the post by Lymus literally only says chapters are removed and that it's licensed/contracted through mangatoon -- and none of what you said in your first post.

Nonetheless, our little chat should serve to help inform others. Thanks for the info.

Mangatoon does this stupid trick where they let you get into a story and read like 60-100 chapters but then suddenly the next ones are locked.
Absolute dogshit website.

@Hatigarm
Jesus... ok let me spell this out for you since it seems to be so difficult.

The only thing Lymus said is:
Hatigarm removed all chapters. Since those are contracted by the official publisher

Now. Since you're on the inside and know all the workings of what's going on you can come up with with a conclusion of what it means. For a second, though, just one second is fine, look at it from the perspective of someone who is seeing this without any previous context whatsoever. The only context being what Lymus and others have said previously. Since it's not entirely uncommon for manga to get removed after getting licensed -- and "contracted" can be synonymous (as well as not a frequently used term in this context) -- and with absolutely no prior mention or information, I'm supposed to know that Hatigarm is being hired by mangatoon and will be continuing scans of the series, just not on this site. In a community where some groups acquiesce with official publisher requests or cease and desists and remove their work willingly after receiving. With no mention at all of Hatigarm working with mangatoon I'm suppose to know from that sentence that "those are contracted by the official publisher" does not mean "they have publishing rights and dmca'ed hatigarm" which happens all the time instead its referring to a previously unmentioned and exceedingly uncommon partnership and the chapters will be used there.
If he had said "Since they are now" perhaps I could make a some connection. But given my very first post it should be fucking obvious and I've even clarified that my response was based solely on Lymus's posts and earlier ones.
And yes. Lymus does say all chapters. What's your point anyway?

Group Leader
@Happily_Grim I wrote that as moreso a whole conversation was brought up from the one phrase, I simply didn't expect that it would need anymore clarification considering it was just short and simple. It just surprised me that a whole explanation was given out in response to it. Not really going anywhere with what I said, it was more meant as "this started this chain". Though I added a ":V" instead of a "..." to emphasize my initial thoughts. Though on another note, it can still be read on our website and this stay true for the coming chapters. No need for the uncapped aggression my friend, a simple "wdym" would have sufficed properly, though the fault does lie on me for using the wrong ending for it, for that I apologize for the misunderstanding I have caused.

@Hatigarm
Not anger at all as opposed to total confusion as to how what I was trying to say wasn't being understood. As the conversation has shown, though, context is key, since I assumed your post was made from misunderstanding as well. I honestly thought I was in some weird Twlight Zone episode and I was going crazy (or crazier). I didn't ask 'wdym' because what you wrote was so similar to the previous posts etc. and I thought I might be stuck in some weird loop as punishment for stealing fruit snacks as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread