Tales of Demons and Gods

xts

To everyone complains or asking about missing chapters or chapter skipping. FREE and OFFICIAL translations DO exist on Hatigarm Scans website. They are working with the manhwa’s author and the official site for the manhwa in translations. If you want to support the author, use the app if you want to read all the chapters up to the the current point for free go to Hatigarm’s website.

hatigarm has broken chapters and only start at 249. while I am grateful for the translations it still would leave a big gap from 124(?) to 249. has anyone have any info on where to read the chapters 124 and above for free?

xts

@diseaseguy yea, didn’t notice that, they may have had to remove earlier chapters due to the official host site bit. You should be able to read the missing chapters on any aggregator site and chances are, it was translated by either readmanga or Hatigarm(before they were official, so his first few translations were pretty meh)

Dex-chan lover
The translations are so mediocre... This one used to be one of the best translations of any manhwa with proverbs n stuff. Such a disappointment 😖

Group Leader
I got the new site running so I'll be uploading all the missing chapters onto it within 1-2 days, some chapters may still be missing as we have not worked on those since we started later on. As we are releasing this series officially I do not know if our employers will let us work on the old chapters but I will ask, if you guys wanna read the original chapters on the website I'll even tell our employers that we'll even do it for free. Tell me if you do though. And if you are wondering why we are slow, we aren't, we just have to abide by time constraints set by our employers.

Only criticism I have is that the prices in the earlier parts seem a bit off but that isn't much of a complaint.

I still remember reading this many years ago and being quite interested. Then I read the webnovel and really liked it. Then got to chapter 446 and that was where the fun ended and where the author decided to release really fucking shit short chapters once a month from then on. Dude's been doing this for 3 and a half years now, and looking back and seeing that the webnovel is only on chapter 491, this is officially a novel that will never see completion. At least, not with all of the shit that was set up. Not like this story didn't already have huge plot holes anyway. Maybe the author decided that the web comic did far better than the webnovel: I don't know. All I know is that I'm not the first person who lost all interest in this story entirely because of the complete lack of care the author seems to have with his story now.

Well, at the very least I am glad that I jumped off this trainwreck over 3 years ago, considering so fucking little has seemed to happen (because Chinese novels and manwha are so fucking decompressed that they make DBZ's plot stretching in the anime look like fucking ultra compressed storytelling, or any Toei animation where they want to milk what they can). Even though it looks like, based on my mathings, a chapter a week (or 10 pages a week, I should clarify) looks about right, but considering so fucking little happens in these 10 page weekly updates that I feel like I'm reading Fred Ghallager's MegaTokyo all over again, except even fucking slower (there's a fucking throwback for all the old people who read that back in the early/mid 2000s). So in that regard, I can't see this story ending in the next decade, let alone within the next few years. And I have zero interest in a storyteller who doesn't know how to tell a story (like most Chinese authors who has literally no sense of pace, character, story construction, or anything in the form of coherence to the overarching plotline without pulling shit out of their asses (yes, I'm looking at you Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God)).

@DizzyMiko Mad Snail has a well-known rep for doing one of two things when it comes to his novels:
1. just dropping them outright after he loses interest and wants to do a new one
OR
2. does a few shitty chapters then does a super shitty, rushed ending that ruins the novel also because he lost interest and wants to do a new one.

It's basically a running joke on Novel Updates.

It's a pity though because the novel started out so well

Fed-Kun's army
On one hand, it's very bingeable for some reason. I don't understand how or why, but it is.

On the other hand, it's trash. Objectively. And by that I mean
[ul]The art and character designs are rip-offs from Naruto, with some Bleach mixed in, maybe, at least early on. Later it differentiates a bit, but it's still quite blatant.[/ul]
[ul]First dozen or two chapters is exposition and infodump. Not in any fun or smart way, just walls upon walls of badly translated, officially or not, text.[/ul]
[ul]Million of different magic systems with no depth whatsoever. Remember spirit beast growth potential? The author doesn't.[/ul]
[ul]And then there is the whole boy-genius thing, which got old pretty fast, but kept going for so fucking long. He has beyond god-level knowledge and teaches masters and gods. This is pretty much an RPG variety of isekai, but instead of different world he comes from the future, new game+, with all tech researched and access to game's wiki. The whole conflict for the city became trivial by now. Should've been solved in 100 chapters and then moved on to wider world.[/ul]
[ul]The violence is good deal below PG13 and the action is below average, especially when it comes to hand-to-hand combat.[/ul]
[ul]13-14 year old characters and their relationships among themselves and adults have become annoying. Just make a timeskip and age them the fuck up already. Too late for that though.[/ul]

It's basically a collection of shonen tropes. I don't get what makes it good at all.

@gladiatorua , cant argue with any of that but still it's enjoyable, i don't feel like dropping it.
Also all those points except first one can be said to every title in this genre, and this is one of the better ones imo

Fed-Kun's army
@xmyst Few take so many of those tropes to 11 like this one does. And when it comes to violence and action, few popular ones are so lazy about it.

The pace is pretty slow but still hold good story progression though its still has many flaws and holes in the story at least this is still acceptable. If you looking at those self-multiplying op-in-the-beginning or urban cultivator series, this one is slightly better. And i regret read the wiki and the comment here, now i feel like lost my hope to this series like the issue with the author.

definition of quantity over quality, no offense to people who enjoy/like these types of mangas

Users who are viewing this thread