Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Living Together With The Female Knight

Dex-chan lover
This is very much similar/identical to that reverse Isekai of a farmer and female knight, just with a bit nicer artstyle and young characters that looks like middle schoolers

Aggregator gang
"You know, in order to learn new things you need to repeat them many times..." she's from another world, not a toddler.

Dex-chan lover
uwooooooaahhhhh seeeeeeeeggs.... oh I'm 30 chapters early:notlikethis:
gotg-what.gif

But seriously if that happens as early as 30 chapters in, then i have no hope on how this manga will go.
First the japanizing foods then utensils?

Dex-chan lover
Just going to throw my voice into the 'how the hell can you find using a fork default' group. She's a knight, stabbing meat with metal is a key skill, I'm sure she can work with it scaled down.

It's not the most exciting thing I've ever read but good enough to keep going, although the fact it seems to be a propaganda piece for Japanese culture being the best in any world is starting to slightly piss me off. Hopefully that aspect dies down now she's settled and the plot is on course.

Dex-chan lover
She is adorable, I don't usually read this trope of a reverse isekai where they come to our world. But the vibes seem pretty chill. So he doesn't fully believe her yet or does he? I low key wanna know if she has otherworld skills that she can use to fully convince him.

Dex-chan lover
I actually don't know about that series, do you mind giving a quick introduction for the story?
It is a chinese story, a somewhat lazy guy who works from home doing streaming/stocks ends up finding a murim woman in his apartment stairs. She was transported to the future and is a martial artist. It is a pretty low stakes story, where he helps her adjust to the new times and they end up falling for one another overtime. It is ongoing with like 160+chaps I think. It is fun, not the best I ever read but a fun story. Aquamanga has it

Supporter
I actually don't know about that series, do you mind giving a quick introduction for the story?
It is a chinese story, a somewhat lazy guy who works from home doing streaming/stocks ends up finding a murim woman in his apartment stairs. She was transported to the future and is a martial artist. It is a pretty low stakes story, where he helps her adjust to the new times and they end up falling for one another overtime. It is ongoing with like 160+chaps I think. It is fun, not the best I ever read but a fun story. Aquamanga has it
https://mangadex.org/title/17a56d33-9443-433a-9e0d-70459893ed8f/my-wife-is-from-a-thousand-years-ago

It's an adorable slice of life and Jiang He is really fun and expressive. Also, 185 chapters here! Woo!

I'm kind of disappointed with the fact that the knight seems stupid. I understand that the common sense in this world is different from hers but you'd think that a knight (basing it off of medieval Europe it being a pretty high and well of position) would be capable of more critical thought. But I feel like it's framing it in the same way every other Isekai does it where the hero knows best and all the woman side characters fall helplessly in love etc. etc. etc...

Dex-chan lover
Now where's the Special Isekai Forces to take her in for medical check and her brother+mage coming? :sneaky::sneaky::pacman::pacman::pacman::pepehmm:

Contributor
It's amazing how something that was supposed to be a comfy slow life story is causing so much seething in the comments over... utensils. A small detail that I think is hardly relevant in the greater scheme of things. Just goes to show how this is really intended for Japanese readers, who'd be far less outraged over characters fumbling with Western utensils.

Sera looks like a Westerner, sure, but she really isn't: she's literally from another world! If the story said she was a time traveler from some medieval European country I'd get angry too, but she isn't. We barely know anything about her world. I'd cut her some slack...

Took 7 chapters for what seems to be merely the intro part to be over (or so I think), we haven't gotten to the "they think she's my wife" part yet which I'm quite interested in seeing more of now.

Dex-chan lover
It's amazing how something that was supposed to be a comfy slow life story is causing so much seething in the comments over... utensils. A small detail that I think is hardly relevant in the greater scheme of things. Just goes to show how this is really intended for Japanese readers, who'd be far less outraged over characters fumbling with Western utensils.

Sera looks like a Westerner, sure, but she really isn't: she's literally from another world! If the story said she was a time traveler from some medieval European country I'd get angry too, but she isn't. We barely know anything about her world. I'd cut her some slack...
I would have done that if she also had problems with fork and spoon earlier. Having no issues using them the first time, only to use them like a toddler the second time just makes this look stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Just goes to show how this is really intended for Japanese readers, who'd be far less outraged over characters fumbling with Western utensils.
As a European, I'd say that it's extremely rare to see an American story that props up America as much as this does for Japan. This is a level or two above something like Independence Day, which is usually described as extremely pro-US. If something out-patriotizes the US of all countries, I'd say it's fair to comment on it.

I'd cut her some slack...
Nothing wrong with her. Just the author having a few issues regarding world building and writing believable characters.

Dex-chan lover
gotg-what.gif

But seriously if that happens as early as 30 chapters in, then i have no hope on how this manga will go.
First the japanizing foods then utensils?
now that Ithink about it, you've got a point, few titles did seggs speed run recording to my memory, especially typical romcom like this one.

Dex-chan lover
*looks at 7 year old brother cutting things with a kids fork
*looks at whatever year old working noble that doesn't know how to cut with a fork
I can hear the fapping sounds from the author all the way out here.

Users who are viewing this thread