Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 18 Ch. 73 - Reunion

Fed-Kun's army
@Zextrace it is a bit too late, because nuances are lost, how they feel that they have to "rush" or else the fight could get harder. The guy speaking and interrupting the story and Naofumi getting mad at him for it, and probably others I can't quite remember at the moment.
@ZeeXeeRee why ppl 😆, she can't be called Raph-chan since that's the name of the familiar 😆
@Esor when kids their bodies grow when they level up to better suit their new stats.
@parkourse thanks 😀
@Frostisss yeah but this guy acts like all
reincarnators
, like Kyo
or Tact
. Also that image, like noted, is interesting, but weird. I don't like it DX good to start a conversation though.
@LazyMakara Agreed.
@djlryalief Eating yakitori? Or Fried Chicken? 😆
@mahtan why if I may ask?
What is the weapon triangle?

@999kirby
What nuance is lost? Is they can't talk about things until after the fight, then it only makes sense to talk about it after the fight. Like, Wew need to know how Raphtalia obtained the Katana, why she's wearing the Miko outfit, Naofumi's amazment at said miko outfit...so on and so forth.
Is possible they could just flashback to it next chapter before the fight starts, but Naofumi does need to have that obsessive dialogue with her about the Miko outfit as his obsession with it does become a plot point later.

Fed-Kun's army
@Zextrace agreed on that, but the thing that's lost is like I said, the guy interrupting the story and Naofumi getting angry at him. Stuff like that kinda set part of the tone of the fight.
@mahtan thanks for the tip, but the joke is kinda "half baked" because shields aren't even there XD. Anyways...have you kept up with the series XD, why do you think that. Remember that as long as Kizuna is there that won't be the case 1, and 2 you know the weapons are alive right??? They tipped Glass and L'arc that Kyo was bad and the book it holds wants Kyo "dealt with" itself. What do you think the katana will think?, I'm sure it can kinda read/feel the personality/thoughts of a person or at least I think.

Dex-chan lover
@999kirby
As you said the weapons are "alive" and can influence the holder and they were created to protect the world from destruction by fighting the heroes from another world in the waves, that's why I think that.
The vassal weapons were also created with the cardinal heroes weapons as template so the "need to protect the world" is a feature of them.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mira995 well not technically "older" just the same things from the start of the story again when leveled.
@mahtan it was never said they could "influence" the holder. Yeah they can tell you what to do, but the user reserves the right to refuse. Or else the book would have made Kyo be a good person by force. Remember you're talking with someone that only needs to read 2 novels and about half to finish all there is currently out of this series. Not counting the spin off though.

Dex-chan lover
@999kirby ya that’s true but I never said those villains didn’t suck. Like making likeable villains who don’t turn into allies isn’t impossible. And if you don’t wanna make them likeable in any way then you can still make have there own brand of evil (like myne) instead of some default bad guy because bad guy stuff. Give them charm or personality.

Also good my pfp disturbs you B)

Fed-Kun's army
@Frostisss well at least this one isn't as bad as
the guy that could make barriers on book 19
, and also take into account that it's a "mixed bag of villains," with that that there's also
Makina on Q'tenlo

@colxeric
The story really wants readers to hate the mage for his blatant disregard of lives in the pursuit of power, but without a sufficient backstory, he just comes off as a cheap antagonist who regularly intercepts the hero at specific points, like Gary in Pokemon.
@Frostisss
@999kirby ya that’s true but I never said those villains didn’t suck. Like making likeable villains who don’t turn into allies isn’t impossible. And if you don’t wanna make them likeable in any way then you can still make have there own brand of evil (like myne) instead of some default bad guy because bad guy stuff. Give them charm or personality.
Well, there's a good reason why Kyo and this new guy are so similar...

@SapphireDemon
@Zextrace A big part of the reason that Naofumi feels comfortable around Raphtalia, is willing to trust her, and be open with her, is that its impossible for her to betray him since she's his slave. Now that she's no longer his slave, he'll have to develope his relationship with Raphtalia but without the surety that she can't betray him.
Another way to think of it is that Raphtalia is no longer his possession to control, but its that control he had over her which allowed him to have a relationship with her in the first place.
Well, she had already been freed from being his slave before (after he "lost" the duel against Motoyasu), and practically the first thing she did was asked to be given the slave crest again to keep earning his trust. And they had only known each other for one month then. Later, she had shown she was willing to take the curse from his Wrath Shield to keep him sane, and he trusted her to keep watch while he slept when they were in Nice Guy's mansion (when they were being hunted for "kidnapping" Melty). Plus, he has been thinking of her as a daughter for a while now. It's pretty established that he would be able to trust her now even without her being a slave.

@Esor
Good bye our little cute Rapthalia. It's skip time too fast. How she growth adult that fast?
That was established in the early chapters of the story. Demi-human children / teenagers age to adulthood as they gain levels.

@mahtan
Being the katana vassal means she has the job of killing Naofumi (cardinal heroes from another world) to protect that world they are in now. Basically it is not good because she is an enemy instead of an ally now.
Kizuna's country thinks that, yep. But Kizuna doesn't buy it, and in fact wants to have A TALK with Glass, L'Arc, and Therese over them trying to kill Naofumi. Also, I don't know if this is confirmed / supported by later novels, but it's likely that
while killing other worlds' heroes does protect their own world, the weapons themselves don't agree with that method at all, and that this "duty" is fake info planted by their real enemy, who wants the worlds' heroes to fight and kill each other, instead of cooperating to defeat the real enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread