Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 18 Ch. 74 - The Selection of the Katana

hmmm I wonder if not having the slave seal will cause Naofumi and Raphtalia trouble later... maybe his fear of being betrayed will come back now she can exist without him?

Dex-chan lover
Slave crest shattered. Bet she cant be a slave ever again now.

Dex-chan lover
The sword is evil. Despite the seal forcing her to be a slave, that was more of a bond with Naofumi than anything. That's like walking up to a newlywed wife and destroying her wedding ring right in front of her. The sword un-wife'd Raphtalia. Folded 1000 times with glorious isekai steel, purely to cut an important thing. Longswords and claymores would never do this.

Group Leader
This chapter is manga original as far as I know, there might have been a store bonus side story that we never got in English but I'm happy we still got Raphtalia's perspective during this arc.

Glass's feelings were captured perfectly as she first appeared as an enemy in the story and now is a "temporary ally" with the people she tried to kill, her cold attitude towards Raphtalia shows her conflicted feelings about this entire situation until she met Kizuna again after a long time where her face lit up in happiness.

While looking at L'arc and Therese, they have a friendly attitude towards Raphtalia as they first met as friends and later became enemies.

I've said this a couple of times already but this is IMO the best arc in the entire story and I don't really understand why people hate it and call the author clueless or say that the author is forcing things together. I honestly think these people just skim through the pages and say that they've "read" it

Dex-chan lover
Sooooo, what happens when she returns to the original world, does the otherside katana come with her 🙄

Dex-chan lover
The pacing of this chapter feels massively rushed just to get back up to Naofumi compared to how some of the previous stuff was kinda dragged out. But I guess that's what happens when it's apparently manga-original to explain some off-screened stuff.

Dex-chan lover
This is great!!! now how do we resolve that hero's from another realm have the weapon!

I kinda liked Raphtalia, but I guess she's destined to be axed... Sad...

Dex-chan lover
Man... the people of that country are dumber than a rock... "thieve", yeah sure... A weapon that doesn't let anyone except its rightful owner wield it... "Was stolen" by the one it chose.
That guy is the real thieve here, trying to steal it just because he was so obviously not chosen.

Users who are viewing this thread