Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari ~Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story~ - Vol. 8 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Well, I just make generalization of those many kind of knots, the live one and dead one. The dead one, this is it, just dead. It supposed to make it difficult to untie. With given situation untie dead knot just waste such precious time.
Most knots are designed to be easy to untie, but hard to come undone accidentally. And if you tie someone up properly, they can't untie themselves anyway.

Also, I don't see a huge time pressure here. It doesn't take that long to untie a knot. And even hard ones aren't that easy if you know how.
I can see both of your points here. I was a scout and I know my bowline from my sheepshank. But as BayuAH said, some knots, once over-tightened, are a bitch to pull apart with just your fingers. Like when some tenderfoot ties the guidelines on a tarp with an overhand instead of a tautline, and it spends the night in high winds getting tighter than a dolphin's butthole.

Can that knot get undone with time? Yes. Can it be undone faster than being cut apart? No.

Does Lynsha give a shit about some rope? Call her Alexander the Great, because "no." She doesn't even have time to explain she's going to cut the rope!

Dex-chan lover
But as BayuAH said, some knots, once over-tightened, are a bitch to pull apart with just your fingers. Like when some tenderfoot ties the guidelines on a tarp with an overhand instead of a tautline, and it spends the night in high winds getting tighter than a dolphin's butthole.
Sure, but that's a hypothetical situation constructed for the sole purpose of having an argument. It's a special case scenario not applicable to my general point about it. It also doesn't apply to this chapter.

Does Lynsha give a shit about some rope?
That wasn't my point to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread